F6B as a Patrol Bike? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F6B as a Patrol Bike?

Check it out

OK

There are quite a few LEO's here in Phoenix that ride the ST1300, they ride them for a reason that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Thanks.....my limited knowledge only comes from Florida. Here is Florida we follow a " State Bid ". The state gets the bids for vehicles and the smaller departments follow the state to get the " group " rate. There are departments that go against the state bid, just not that many...the bean counters will not allow it! Having said that, there are parts of this country that require LEO's to furnish ALL of their equipment, including clothing and vehicle. There are 5 States that lead the way as far as Law Enforcement goes, Florida is one of those...Along with Michigan, New York, California and I think Ohio...but then again these may have changed as I no longer receive periodicals on this information.

Just to make sure I understand your comment. Are there jurisdictions that require LEO's (law enforcement officers) to supply the equipment and vehicle? Or is it the LEA's (law enforcement agencies) that must supply the equipment and vehicle?

Cool

My family owned a home in Highlands, N.C. for many years. The LEO'S there were required to supply EVERYTHING..... and then paid wages that would qualify for food stamps....I am old, so that was in the early 80's. I am sure this is still true in some parts of this country. If your a lucky enough to live where you can still leave the front door unlocked..you will find the local Police Station is under staffed, under paid and behind the times..... and that IS a good thing, compared to having people shot on the street corner for wearing a hoodie and making drugs.......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

On closer look that Hayabusa has frame protector bars as well as what looks like Corbin hard bags, very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    MO's each ride what they want here in Houston. At least 3 F6B-equipped MO's that I'm aware of. 1 Vic CC, HD's, etc.
    HPD is Road King only as per reports from solo officers. All others are legacy and must switch to RK within the year.

Other agencies in Harris county allow other bikes. I have even seen one Spyder.

Attachment 2753
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black