Mustang Seat

Thread: Mustang Seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had a Mustang seat on my Suzuki C50 and it made a world of difference. At this point I don't have any issues with the F6B seat (have only done 250 in a day and that was 125 - 2 hour break - 125) but I do wonder about it in the long run, also I like the looks of the Mustang better.

I do share part of Scotrods concern, while I wish I was an inch lower from the perspective of being able to flat-foot the bike comfortably I am not big on the idea of having an extra inch of bend in my knees. I am thinking that maybe the Mustang seat with the Kuryakyn pegs that give a 3/4" drop might be the way to go, although chances are it is an upgrade that will have to wait until beginning of next year so I will be watching for reviews if anyone else decides to be the forum guinea pig.

The deluxe version will give a really nice look to F6B in my opinion. I might just have to bite the bullet and get it!

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    The ribbed seat appears to be a little thicker, maybe more padding? Also the little bumb on top of the back rest sticks out further.

Gets a definite "A" for looks/ styling-- but that's only a small part of the equation when it comes to bike seats. Maybe the owner of the F6B they used for the model photos is on the forum and call tell is about performance?

Does anyone know if you have to remove the Mustang seat in order to remove the side covers? This is important to me as anything that hinders routine maintance is not for me.

I will say I like the style of the unit and the quality is there.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Does anyone know if you have to remove the Mustang seat in order to remove the side covers? This is important to me as anything that hinders routine maintance is not for me.
    Doesn't affect oil changes, Checking antifreeze or rear brake fluid levels.

What other 'regular maintenance' are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Doesn't affect oil changes, Checking antifreeze or rear brake fluid levels.

What other 'regular maintenance' are you referring to?
    Battery maintenance and rear suspension adjustment. The later would be a nuisance if you had to remove the seat when ever you wished to fine tune suspension to suit conditions.

If you have any questions call Mustang. There customer support is fantastic, they are motorcycle enthusiast and are as helpful as possible. I asked them about the room for the passenger and they E mailed me a picture of the seat with a 12" ruler on the rear half and there is plenty of room for the passenger. I also asked them about the side panels and they said they took the left one off with out any problem, they never tried the right one but they feel confident it would be the same as the left. If you buy from Mustang you have a 10 day trial period if you don"t like it return it. The seat is also narrower then stock and since I only stand 5'5" I'm really pumped about this seat. I'm going to order tomorrow but I can't make up my mind between the standard or deluxe, any opinions which looks better?
    Jakec

I'm very interested

I had a Mustang on my Roadstar and loved it. However, that seat actually raised me slightly and moved me towards the handlebars.

I'll be anxious to hear reviews from anyone who gets one for the F6B. I definitely don't want to be lowered, but slightly further aft would be great.