Mustang Seat
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Mustang Seat

Just as an FYI incase anybody was waiting for it, Mustang released their F6B seat today.

http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...ipper-Fastback

Looks cool, I like it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Looks good! Uncertain if the slope in the center of the pillion would be passenger friendly, but who cares if you're a solo rider, right!?!?
    $579 MSRP,,, Dang, stuffs gettin expensive,,, Neck to neck with Custom made,,

I don't like the driver is position father back I can't reach thehandle bars now.
    but it is pretty.

I will wait until a few are sold and some reviews are out...I love the fact that it is 1"lower than stock which is a minor issue for me now...I have never had a Mustang seat on a bike ,but those that have say they are hard as rocks for the first few thousand miles???? Can't do the bucks now anyway as I spent a bundle on custom paint, Cobra pipes, Baggershield, grips, etc...

That is a good looking seat, and the fact that it sits the rider 1" lower than stock, will be appealing to those with a shorter inseam.

Mustang Seat on F6B

I thought I post a picture of it on a bike. It looks good, my concern is if loosing one inch of height might make it less cushy, seems to me most custom seats are thicker than stock.

I had two Mustang seats on two previously owned bikes. They are well made and not hard like Corbin. Price seems inline with other seat manufacturers, pricey but that's the world we live in.

It's good to see more choices for our bikes. I am also curious what Ultimate comes out with then I'll decide. I still like the idea of Corbin's Smuggler Trunk, however it is more expensive and you loose a helmet lock in the process.

My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I thought I post a picture of it on a bike. It looks good, my concern is if loosing one inch of height might make it less cushy, seems to me most custom seats are thicker than stock.

I had two Mustang seats on two previously owned bikes. They are well made and not hard like Corbin. Price seems inline with other seat manufacturers, pricey but that's the world we live in.

It's good to see more choices for our bikes. I am also curious what Ultimate comes out with then I'll decide. I still like the idea of Corbin's Smuggler Trunk, however it is more expensive and you loose a helmet lock in the process.
    CHL, I was also wondering about the loss of comfort by less foam. It will be interesting to hear reviews. Being impatient, I've already e-mailed Mustang and it wouldn't be out of character for me to order one as soon as they answer my e-mail. Hell, my VISA still has some raised numbers left on it! They're not completely worn off.

I didn't know that Mustang is up here (stone's throw from Enfield CT) in MA.

Passenger comfort is a real concern for me, and I also wonder if a rider backrest is offered or needed. They did beat Ultimate to production.

I was disapointed with Corbin on this bike, LOVED my Ultimate on my last bike, and never had a Mustang.
    As for price... I'd spend $1000 today for a seat that supplied all day comfort for me solo and with sweetie snuggled up to me. RDL is very interesting to me but shipping my seat to them (I shipped the corbin to NC at a cost of $157) and being without a seat for a while is not exciting to me.

I'm vey interested in a lower seat, but would like to know if the passenger seating surface has dropped an inch also in order to maintain a passenger to diver head hight equal to stock. I would also like to know if the rider area is also narrower than stock or just lower. If not narrower, the edges might still dig into this rider's medial upper thighs. If anyone from mustang is reading this, I'd appreciate a response.

I know in the past, mustang seats were generous in their return policies...
    They have a smooth and ''deluxe'' version...

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King