Mustang Seat - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    Can you find or have made a better set of passenger foot pegs or boards? Obviously black would be best but even chrome is an improvement over the alloy OEM crap, especially folded up.
    We just added Rivco Black Anodized Billet Passenger Floorboards to the Cruiser Customizing Web-Site this morning. They measure 8 inches long X 5 inches wide and they look tough. Only prototype images are currently available, but the production version should look very close to the prototype images. The floorboards come with mounting hardware and retail for $249.95.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ri...rt/RIV-F6B0005

Kuryakyn offers a Transformer Passenger Floorboard for GL1800 Goldwing and F6B Models, but currently only available in chrome:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ku...r/part/KY-7006

Kuryakyn also offers a Passenger Cruise Peg for GL1800 Goldwing and F6B Models. again only available in chrome right now:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ku...r/part/KY-7016

More options will be available shortly.
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Mustang discovered a problem with the initial production of F6B Seats. They do not fit properly at the front portion of the seat making them difficult to install and the design prevents removal of the side covers. Mustang says that the initial run of seats will fit, but Mustang has told us that they will gladly replace any of the seats purchased with the new updated design. Any forum members who have purchased a Mustang F6B Seat from Cruiser Customizing and are unhappy with the fit, please contact our Customer Care Dept at 1-888-857-5417 so we can exchange your seat with the updated version.
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Got mine today also, got too excited and then read all these posts only to come up short also, removal of backrest and seat only to put OEM stuff back on and wait for a RMA, just hope turn-around isn't too long.

Pics of my installed seat for Kevin and Miles

I wonder if they will re-use all those skins from the bad ones. I would buy one of those "bad" ones for a big discount, especially if they're going in the trash.

Thanks pittprof for the pictures. The nose of the seat against the top shelter was what I wanted to see on your seat.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Miles, thanks for posting. I guess it's good I haven't ordered it yet. I don't understand how come these errors exist yet seems like some seats came out OK from pictures I have seen.

I would like to hear the story of how a long established company could let something like this happen. What happened to their processes, procedures, and plans?

Can someone talk to Dave, at Mustang, and ask what they're gonna do with all these returns? Some of us could survive with a small imperfection like that, especially if there's a considerable discount.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Can someone talk to Dave, at Mustang, and ask what they're gonna do with all these returns? Some of us could survive with a small imperfection like that, especially if there's a considerable discount.
    Reply from Dave at Mustang.

"No seconds are ever allowed out into the public. We shred and destroy any seat that is not 1st quality."
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    Reply from Dave at Mustang.

"No seconds are ever allowed out into the public. We shred and destroy any seat that is not 1st quality."
    Bummer, but I understand. A good company doesn't want anyone to see their name on a crappy product. Thanks for asking!