Mustang Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I like that a lot! I don't like being an inch lower though, at 6'3 the stock height is perfect. The inch further back however is very appealing as my arms are bent too much for my comfort. I will be getting risers over the winter to move the bars forward and up a little. Might have to give this seat a try.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Curious if 'farther back' is only in reference to the bottom of the riders seat. Riders 'backrest' area on the Mustang is a lot more vertical than the sloping OEM portion.

Still, a nice looking seat.

Wife had a Mustang on her Vulcan 900 that was SWEET! Same goes for the Mustang on my Friends Shadow 750.

MY Mustang on MY Liner dug into the bottom of my thighs. Same thing happened to the wife when we put my Mustang on HER Liner.

Pan size/shape has a lot to do with seats.

With the foot positioning of the F6B, I'm not sure I'd want to go any further down w/o highway pegs.

Mustang F6B Seats

Mustang makes awesome seats. The 1 inch lower seat height should not compromise rider comfort. The foam padding that they use to construct their seats is far superior to any OEM seat foam. In addition to placing the rider 1 inch lower and further back, the seat also offers an 8 inch rise behind the driver to give additional back support, and the contoured passenger portion should definitely increase passenger comfort Cruiser Customizing sells boatloads of Mustang Seats and rarely has anyone ever been unhappy with their comfort and style. For all that goes into a Mustang Seat, the $579 to $599 price tag is a bargain. Especially for a long distance cruiser like the F6B
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

I had a Mustang seat on my Suzuki C50 and it made a world of difference. At this point I don't have any issues with the F6B seat (have only done 250 in a day and that was 125 - 2 hour break - 125) but I do wonder about it in the long run, also I like the looks of the Mustang better.

I do share part of Scotrods concern, while I wish I was an inch lower from the perspective of being able to flat-foot the bike comfortably I am not big on the idea of having an extra inch of bend in my knees. I am thinking that maybe the Mustang seat with the Kuryakyn pegs that give a 3/4" drop might be the way to go, although chances are it is an upgrade that will have to wait until beginning of next year so I will be watching for reviews if anyone else decides to be the forum guinea pig.

Quote Originally Posted by CruiserCustomizing View Post
    Mustang makes awesome seats. The 1 inch lower seat height should not compromise rider comfort. The foam padding that they use to construct their seats is far superior to any OEM seat foam. In addition to placing the rider 1 inch lower and further back, the seat also offers an 8 inch rise behind the driver to give additional back support, and the contoured passenger portion should definitely increase passenger comfort Cruiser Customizing sells boatloads of Mustang Seats and rarely has anyone ever been unhappy with their comfort and style. For all that goes into a Mustang Seat, the $579 to $599 price tag is a bargain. Especially for a long distance cruiser like the F6B
    Will you guys be selling these?

The deluxe version will give a really nice look to F6B in my opinion. I might just have to bite the bullet and get it!

The ribbed seat appears to be a little thicker, maybe more padding? Also the little bumb on top of the back rest sticks out further.

Gets a definite "A" for looks/ styling-- but that's only a small part of the equation when it comes to bike seats. Maybe the owner of the F6B they used for the model photos is on the forum and call tell is about performance?

Does anyone know if you have to remove the Mustang seat in order to remove the side covers? This is important to me as anything that hinders routine maintance is not for me.

I will say I like the style of the unit and the quality is there.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Does anyone know if you have to remove the Mustang seat in order to remove the side covers? This is important to me as anything that hinders routine maintance is not for me.
    Doesn't affect oil changes, Checking antifreeze or rear brake fluid levels.

What other 'regular maintenance' are you referring to?