Mustang Seat - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

MUSTANG

SEAT IS ON.TOOK A SHORT RIDE.GOING TO RIDE IT HOME FROM SHOP AND MAKE UP MY MIND.

Pics and a review would be awesome

The suspense is killing me. Pictures + your opinion we are waiting.
    Ok he's done

Same here! I actually emailed Mustang last week, I was told that You Can order different color thread and insert for seat. I am thinking about black seat with orange threading and maybe a distressed brown leather insert. But I am dying to know how good the seat is!

Here is the picture of a different Mustang seat with those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Same here! I actually emailed Mustang last week, I was told that You Can order different color thread and insert for seat. I am thinking about black seat with orange threading and maybe a distressed brown leather insert. But I am dying to know how good the seat is!

Here is the picture of a different Mustang seat with those colors.
    I like the looks of the Mustang seats! IMO be conservative on seat color unless it is the feature you want people to notice. It can easily be the first thing somebody draws their attention too if it doesn't blend in with the bike. Again just my opinion but I have seen many cool bike features overlooked because you hear "Wow look at that orange Ostrich covered seat".

Cool

I'm just starting to think my bike is a little too much black, little color may not be so bad. Maybe just orange stitching as a small contrast.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    IMO be conservative on seat color unless it is the feature you want people to notice. It can easily be the first thing somebody draws their attention too if it doesn't blend in with the bike. Again just my opinion but I have seen many cool bike features overlooked because you hear "Wow look at that orange Ostrich covered seat".
    Yep.

Color needs to co-ordinate somehow with what you have elsewhere.

Some additional pin-striping, ghost flames, accents, or what not, but just adding a color in one spot on an otherwise mono-tone bike can have some pretty bizarre side effects! LOL!

IMHO, a bike should appear to be MORE than just the sum of the parts!!!

Smile

I agree with Scotrod, this may lead me to do more customizing. I may add some air brushed flames on side covers, etc. I also had red painted brake calipers in the past on my black BMW K1200LT and it looked great.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    There are lots of little 'accents' a person can add to any vehicle to make it all come together. Worst problem with that it some people don't know when to stop!!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    There are lots of little 'accents' a person can add to any vehicle to make it all come together. Worst problem with that it some people don't know when to stop!!! LOL!!!
    I totally agree.

With a bike like a mostly Black F6b it would be easy for one accentuated feature to stand out a little too strong. I personally am a "less is more" kind of guy but see nothing wrong adding chrome accents, paint, wheels etc. I just like it best when it compliments the overall look.

Tastes are very subjective and as long as you end up being happy with it is all that counts!