Mustang Seat - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Great pictures, thank you! Can you tell us did you notice a difference in riding position, bend in your knees, reach to footpegs/floorboards?
    I don't think you sit that much further back, but I put those wedges under my handlebars for pullback. You are definitely closer to the ground, and my legs seem straight up and down now on the floorboards. My highway pegs seem much more comfortable, and the back support is the best I've ever seen without a real backrest.

Sorry I'm late posting

I had no real problem mounting the seat. One of those back brackets was bent a bit, probably from shipping, so I straightened it and the other side fit over the hole just fine. I'm not too worried about those brackets, since the real fasteners for the seat are on the side bars. I really like how the seat feels riding. I'm 6 foot and weigh about 190-95. My wife is bigger than me and she liked the back seat better than stock.

I did notice that the front of the seat seems to sit back very slightly compared to the stock seat. It's about 1 3/4 inches from the bottom of the fuel door. It's not really anything that is noticeable to me. I'm happy with the way it fits. Sorry you guys are having so much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    When Ultimate seat is done... I will ride over and check it out !!!!! Post some pic's and see what they look like !!!!!
    I'm interested in what they do, too, Steve. Keep us posted.

Cool

I do like the look of the Mustang seat !!!! And yes when Ultimate has a seat in Daytona I will be on their doorstep!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks Miles for coming by yesterday and for the summary you posted. I'm confident Mustang will make it right.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Update from Mustang

I talked with Dave Humphrey of Mustang this morning. They had an "All Engineers" meeting first thing this morning. They are stopping the production of the F6B seats. They discovered the production mold for the pan is not correct. They have brought back to the shop a F6B and will be re-engineering the seat pan mold. Overall, the seat is too short. They are re-structuring the nose of the seat with promises of an easier mounting bracket systems. They are currently making the new seat pan mold.

Also, Dave is asking anyone who has the F6B Mustang seat to contact him. (800-243-1392). He will send you via email a RMA to return the seat. Mustang will replace the seat with the new re-engineered seat when it is available.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

just got mine this a.m.

Seat is too short, mustang is aware, and sending shipping label to return, did not speak to Dave, but guy I talked to seemed genuinely apologetic and helpful. New seat should have different mounting system, easier than 1st mustang. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post
    Seat is too short, mustang is aware, and sending shipping label to return, did not speak to Dave, but guy I talked to seemed genuinely apologetic and helpful. New seat should have different mounting system, easier than 1st mustang. Jim
    Great Customer Services from Mustang. I'm confident this will be a great seat.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Received Mustang Seat today

I received my Mustang seat today also, and like others does not fit. I called Mustang and they are sending a UPS shipping label to return the seat directly to Mustang, even though I purchased from Cruiser Customizing. Expected them to tell me to call Cruiser Customizing, so I consider that good customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    I received my Mustang seat today also, and like others does not fit. I called Mustang and they are sending a UPS shipping label to return the seat directly to Mustang, even though I purchased from Cruiser Customizing. Expected them to tell me to call Cruiser Customizing, so I consider that good customer service.
    Dave and others at Mustang are determined to make this right. The company has been in business for years and they will not let their reputation get tarnished. They understand the best marketing for after market products are the members of forums. Dave encourages all feedback on even the slightest imperfection.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]