I'm at an impasse.......
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm at an impasse.......

I'm at an impasse.......

I'm new to the board, but I wanted you guys input (anything, at all, no really, anything). To buy
    the F6B or not to buy, that is the question and, it's become an excruciatingly painful decision.

Two weeks ago it was a definite yes! Monday a week ago I made the deal, but I wasn't able to
    get the money until today. The past few days I have gone from red hot to very warm. Some of
    the thoughts I've been having lately- am I crazy to give up my Bergman 650, to- its too heavy
    to its too much money etc etc.

I wonder about the riding position. I really like the aggressive position of the Bergman (this
    is my third) and other bikes, like the BMW GS and the RT you sit tall, mainly I wonder if folks
    are going to be able to SEE ME on the F6. I loved my mean streak but traded it because of
    the laid back position, I didn't feel as on top of any trouble like I do with the sit upright
    slightly forward position. I had more people pull out in front of me with that bike than any others.
    The F6 doesn't seem as visible to me, is this a valid assumption? Do you feel highly visible,
    or somewhat visible? These are things I just don't know.

Then I think back to the Gold Wings I've had and that smooth power and good handling. This
    F6 is a bike that corrected some weight issues. Here in Hot Springs we have a lot of old streets
    on these hills and if you come up to an intersection you better turn into it before you stop,
    because one foot might be 6-8 inches higher than the other. But the F6 is still really heavy.......

I do know from experience that a bike can feel totally different 6 mths. after you get it depending
    on what you just came off of before you bought. I trading in an '07 Wing for a new st1300.
    When I first got on it, it felt like a toy. Six or eight mths later I said while moving it "Gawd
    this pig is heavy"....last week the F6 felt great, fri. I sat on one at another shop and it felt
    HUGE........

I must trade the scooter to make the money work out but I love it, clear view tinted and vented
    Corbin seat with white cord to match the bike. Only 6k.

Many pros and doubts going on is making my head feel like a Ping pong ball in a Chinese tourney!

Anyway, thank you for reading and thanks for this great board....

...thoughts on any of this or other thoughts?

w

I will be in Hot Springs Wednesday nite on my F6B. Your welcome to come eat supper and discuss it.

...haha, sounds great, going to Branson tomorrow but should be back.....do you know
    where you will be, what restaurant...?

Probably staying at the Baymont.
    Not sure what's for supper. Thinking the Wharf and some Scoops as a closer.
    Headed to Mountain Home Thursday morning.

...that's 7 so. I believe, I'm in the Village. Wharfs great, I like it. If I'm back
    I'll defiantly be there.....I'll pm you my cell when I figure out how.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    I'm new to the board, but I wanted you guys input (anything, at all, no really, anything). To buy
    the F6B or not to buy, that is the question and, it's become an excruciatingly painful decision.

Two weeks ago it was a definite yes! Monday a week ago I made the deal, but I wasn't able to
    get the money until today. The past few days I have gone from red hot to very warm. Some of
    the thoughts I've been having lately- am I crazy to give up my Bergman 650, to- its too heavy
    to its too much money etc etc.

I wonder about the riding position. I really like the aggressive position of the Bergman (this
    is my third) and other bikes, like the BMW GS and the RT you sit tall, mainly I wonder if folks
    are going to be able to SEE ME on the F6. I loved my mean streak but traded it because of
    the laid back position, I didn't feel as on top of any trouble like I do with the sit upright
    slightly forward position. I had more people pull out in front of me with that bike than any others.
    The F6 doesn't seem as visible to me, is this a valid assumption? Do you feel highly visible,
    or somewhat visible? These are things I just don't know.

Then I think back to the Gold Wings I've had and that smooth power and good handling. This
    F6 is a bike that corrected some weight issues. Here in Hot Springs we have a lot of old streets
    on these hills and if you come up to an intersection you better turn into it before you stop,
    because one foot might be 6-8 inches higher than the other. But the F6 is still really heavy.......

I do know from experience that a bike can feel totally different 6 mths. after you get it depending
    on what you just came off of before you bought. I trading in an '07 Wing for a new st1300.
    When I first got on it, it felt like a toy. Six or eight mths later I said while moving it "Gawd
    this pig is heavy"....last week the F6 felt great, fri. I sat on one at another shop and it felt
    HUGE........

I must trade the scooter to make the money work out but I love it, clear view tinted and vented
    Corbin seat with white cord to match the bike. Only 6k.

Many pros and doubts going on is making my head feel like a Ping pong ball in a Chinese tourney!

Anyway, thank you for reading and thanks for this great board....

...thoughts on any of this or other thoughts?

w
    The F6B is the lightest, best balanced big bike I have ever owned. Even moving it around it feels lighter than its size because of the low center of gravity. Very much like my ST1300 or K1200GT. Not even close to Electra-Glide or Victory Vision bulk. I commute every day and visability has not been a problem. Also it is not how much but how much per month! Hope this helps.

I just returned from a prolonged gas run This time of year in Phoenix is awesome, back to the post...This is the BEST street bike I've ever owned. Period. My last big cruiser was a 2009 Yamaha Venture, that was big, that was heavy and running two up on that thing was darn right scary in slow traffic, mind you I have not yet ran with a passenger on board the F6B but I'm sure it'll be just fine......erase any "doubts" and lay down the benjamins.

B'Man in my past

This is a tough one. I was heavily into Suzuki for years with Busa's, DRZ400SM, B-King and 650 Executive. I currently still own the B-King which is on my all time favorites list. My reason for divesting myself of most things Suzuki came when my trusted local dealer went out of business in late 2011. This is, of course, very different from your decision making pathway. A few of my observations are:

B'Man Executive has ABS. F6B, not available.
    B'Man is automatic. F6B, shift, shift, shift---
    B'Man, short seating position. F6B more legroom with potential for extended peg position.
    B'Man, adequate power. F6B, enough power for all but the most jaded, like me.
    B'Man, short rear tire life. F6B, at least 2-3 times the rear tire mileage before replacement.
    B'Man, limited luggage space. F6B, much more real and potential luggage capacity. Trailer?
    B'Man, 55-60+ MPG. F6B, I get 42 MPG which seems to be the magic number.
    B'Man, quick handling. F6B, heavier handling but will do whatever your nerve allows.
    B'Man, heavy to roll around. F6B, I find it easier than the Burgman to move around my shop.

Miles, if you read this, please add your nickels worth input on this as I know you also have extensive knowledge and experience with the big Burgman.

No offense, I've owned scooters too, but the Burg is a scooter and the F6B is not. Apples and oranges to me.

Talking about visibility, I have never felt more visible than I do on the F6B! Everyday I notice people about to pull out but stopping when they see me coming. The dual headlights and bright full time signal lights up high in the mirrors are great for being seen. This is the only reason I haven't changed out the signal lights to tinted or clear, I want to be seen! Also, I can't tell you how many times cars see me coming up behind them on the freeway and they actually get out of my way, probably thinking I could be a cop. The Wing looks similar to the ST that alot of cops ride in Phoenix. Cars actually move over as I'm coming up behind them and move back over behind me after I pass. I never got that while riding my HDs. I just smile as I go by.

Not having ABS doesn't bother me, the brakes are linked and it stops extremely well. The smooth power of the engine has no rival. I already have mine so if I was you, I would get the F6B asap.