I'm at an impasse....... - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm at an impasse.......

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Waaaaaay too many issues with this machine.

Do a GOOGLE search ...... " can-am spider problems " some reading that might open your eyes.

It's not a Honda, in my opinion more like a YUGO.

"Limp" mode seems to be very popular with Spyders

NOT all Spyders have problems, there are many just like Harleys that keep on rolling without issues.

.....thanks Phantom!! And, you are exactly right......In retrospect I wish I hadn't even
    brought up the subject because those darn things caused me a lot problems just by
    mentioning them!!

WOW must have fallen asleep on this thread.I owned a Can Am 2010 RS-S Spyder for 3 years until I got the F6B in June 2013.I had the usual Harleys and wanted to try something different.Now YES there is a limp mode never happened with mine but its true will not let the machine go faster then a certain speed like 30 mph or some speed yes its a slow speed.YES they do catch on fire as some reported and I saw pics with them burned to the ground with only a frame left.One caught on fire at a Can Am demo day this past summer right in front of possible Spyder buyers.Can Am claimed a plastic bag went under the machine and caught the machine on fire.With all the covers that machine has (called tupperware)by theSpyder owners I could believe it can happen.Now the plus points that are mine and only mine sick/awesome handling in high speed turns and the twisty roads.You feel like you are on tracks like a roller coaster very fun to ride.You can not beat the semi auto tranny just hammer the throttle down and just hit the button to sift gears and you are at over 100mph in no time and I mean in no time I don't care how fast you think you can shift gears with your foot this semi trans will beat you every time.I had no problems with mine just wanted to get back on 2 wheels which is a no brainer when I saw the F6B at the motorcycle show and YES its the best machine I have owned in my life so far.YES the Spyders have problems and have been out for about 9 years or more but I have a F6B that has been out for 1 year and I have a paint problem
    Ride it like you stole it

Thanks Rich...! Yes I was all set to test a Can-Am but messed that up by riding the F6B first!!

Yes, the paint on the F6 has issues but from what I hear that is the coming thing---waterborne
    Paint. Japan, I have read, is going green. I'm an avid golfer and a few years ago I read where
    Japan has absolutely gone ape for golf. But they are getting into a problem with all the golf
    courses and the chemicals used causing two headed ducks and even getting into their drinking water!!

They have apparently gone green and are taking a lot of chemicals out of their environment.

I also read where US is moving in that direction as well.......

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    The F6B paint problem is a serious problem in my opinion, however, it will never leave you stranded.

After 9 years, you would think that Can-Am would have removed all of the Mechanical Gremlins out.

As I said earlier, there are many that have had no issues, but there are a large number of Can-Am Spyders that have had all sorts of mechanical and electrical problems.

I have 2 friends that would never buy another one, they both unloaded their Spyders in less than a year of ownership. They both now own Goldwing Trikes and have had zero issues with the Goldwings.

If you really want a stable and fast trike that is a lot of fun, buy one of these ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zrhKM0XODk

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The F6B paint problem is a serious problem in my opinion, however, it will never leave you stranded.

After 9 years, you would think that Can-Am would have removed all of the Mechanical Gremlins out.

As I said earlier, there are many that have had no issues, but there are a large number of Can-Am Spyders that have had all sorts of mechanical and electrical problems.

I have 2 friends that would never buy another one, they both unloaded their Spyders in less than a year of ownership. They both now own Goldwing Trikes and have had zero issues with the Goldwings.

Agree.The paint problem was more of a joke because I really have no issue with my paint.There is a machine/toy/motorcycle out there for everyone.Thats why there are so many choices.BRP the company that makes the Spyder also makes the Sea Doo watercraft and Evinrude outboards which to me with many years on the water plus a very proud owner of a Sea Doo are the best machines/outboards made to date.
    Ride it like you stole it

I want this one. Morgan Three Wheeler.

Attachment 2807

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Agree.The paint problem was more of a joke because I really have no issue with my paint.There is a machine/toy/motorcycle out there for everyone.Thats why there are so many choices.BRP the company that makes the Spyder also makes the Sea Doo watercraft and Evinrude outboards which to me with many years on the water plus a very proud owner of a Sea Doo are the best machines/outboards made to date.
    RICH, another great post.....I rode a CANAm today, a 2011 RT, luv'ed luv'ed it.......the ride is
    somewhat hectic compared to the F6, and I'm not really a high rev guy. The CAN Ams need to be
    In the 4500-6000 range for peak power AND gas mileage.....the ride is so much fun, it's safer
    if you want to take the kids or grand kids, you can't beat the three wheels for stability in all
    areas and for sheer looks they are flat out gorgeous...(did I say flat? Freudian slip?). I love
    the CAN, it has technology off the chart, you cannot flip it no matter how fast or how fooled
    you get in a corner and brother they will fly, I just got off one.......but they are
    just a bit loud for me...

Ok comparing the two, I'm going to go with the F6B.....driving the F6B it felt more like me, quiet
    reserved, smooth and built to last without any maintenance......the only problem we will have
    is it says "are we going to Cali. Or Florida". No I says, we are just going into town!!

Yes, I loved some things about the CANAm and I WILL have it one day but not today.......

Tomorrow I say goodbye to my best bike friend the 650 Burgameister and say:::

"Hello beautiful" to a flat six that musta been made by aliens because there is nothing
    on this planet to compare it with or to...... Unless we have a rainstorm here of course
    I leave in the a.m. Happy and Safe Biking Everyone!!!

(Especially Miles)

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post

Tomorrow I say goodbye to my best bike friend the 650 Burgameister and say:::
    "Hello beautiful" to a flat six that musta been made by aliens because there is nothing
    on this planet to compare it with or to...... Unless we have a rainstorm here of course
    I leave in the a.m. Happy and Safe Biking Everyone!!!
    (Especially Miles)
    Let me be the 1st to say welcome new f6b rider, and congratulations on your choice. Have fun and be safe and stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Let me be the 1st to say welcome new f6b rider, and congratulations on your choice. Have fun and be safe and stick around.

Hey thanks unsub...!!