BABY F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BABY F6B

I like it..... will not be running out to buy one but I like the looks !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Of Course

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thats so they can sell you a new taller one. Just like the F6B.
    Yes of course, how stupid of me!!!
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Add 2 cylinders, a taller shield, a tour pack,,, = a 'mini-me' Gen 3 Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Mike, I think it may be a hit. The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture above was...aha...a new bike for my wife. She currently has three bikes, and this would replace her 2002 Honda Magna 750 V-4. Because she is short, all her bikes have to be slightly modified to allow her to ride them, and this bike "looks" like it might be lower than most. The ST-1300 V-4 engine is as close to bullet-proof as anyone can make them.

Several of us have been after Honda for a lot of years to produce a modern version of the SilverWing...not in scooter form, but based on the ST-1100 engine, and now based on the ST-1300 engine. (we have been asking for a long time, that is why I say, based on the ST-1100 engine).
    There are a lot of riders that want a GL-1800 bike, but cannot fit onto that platform, either because of the weight of the bike, or the height of the saddle, or the bulk of the bike, or...a combination of all three.

This new bike may be the answer to that. I hope that it succeeds, and that Honda sells a boat-load (cargo ship) of them. I know that once it hits the sales floor at South Bound Honda...my wife and I will be there to have her sit on it, and see if I can make changes to fit her.

BTW, how is that new windshield working for you ? Have you been able to ride it anymore than just the trip back home from my place?
    I think it makes sense for Honda to use the V-4 in something smaller stature, I just don't understand the aesthetic choices they made on this one. It would be one thing to have an ugly (IMO) fairing if it was functional but this one strikes me as not doing anything. It will be interesting to see it in person though as perhaps the photos do not do it justice.

The windshield is working out very well, and I am thankful to have it. I think eventually I will probably buy one that is a bit wider, but the height is pretty much spot on (could use maybe another 3/4-1" in height but I worry it would be annoyingly in my field of vision if it was so I would have to really give that some thought).

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    The windshield is working out very well, and I am thankful to have it. I think eventually I will probably buy one that is a bit wider, but the height is pretty much spot on (could use maybe another 3/4-1" in height but I worry it would be annoyingly in my field of vision if it was so I would have to really give that some thought).

Well....if you are interested...I will probably sell my current windshield, once I make the decision of what else to go with. I am leaning toward a dark tinted Windbender, and the business is located about 10 miles from me. Kevin has one on his bike, and I have had one on my '03 Wing. So, if I do that, then this Tulsa Sport on my bike right now will be available, and at a discounted price. It is slightly taller, and much wider than the one you have now.

Maybe Honda is trying to make a new kind of bike owners, I had a 82 V45 and that bike was awesome for a first year bike, now I have another first year bike and don't regret one thing on bike..

Weird Enough for Me

It would look good parked between my red DN-01 and my red Rune. I like Hondas the stranger the better, throwing practicality to the wind.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Between the rad(s) running across the front, and the pipes,,, Shouldn't have any trouble keeping warm,,,

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fe.../photo_03.html

I like it, and might even buy it! Not to replace my F6B of course.

I like it too. I wish it came in auto for my wife...