BABY F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BABY F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    The windshield is working out very well, and I am thankful to have it. I think eventually I will probably buy one that is a bit wider, but the height is pretty much spot on (could use maybe another 3/4-1" in height but I worry it would be annoyingly in my field of vision if it was so I would have to really give that some thought).

Well....if you are interested...I will probably sell my current windshield, once I make the decision of what else to go with. I am leaning toward a dark tinted Windbender, and the business is located about 10 miles from me. Kevin has one on his bike, and I have had one on my '03 Wing. So, if I do that, then this Tulsa Sport on my bike right now will be available, and at a discounted price. It is slightly taller, and much wider than the one you have now.

Maybe Honda is trying to make a new kind of bike owners, I had a 82 V45 and that bike was awesome for a first year bike, now I have another first year bike and don't regret one thing on bike..

Weird Enough for Me

It would look good parked between my red DN-01 and my red Rune. I like Hondas the stranger the better, throwing practicality to the wind.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Between the rad(s) running across the front, and the pipes,,, Shouldn't have any trouble keeping warm,,,

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fe.../photo_03.html

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    I can't understand this bike. It really seems targeted at nobody. The fairing is too small to appeal to the Sport-Touring crowd, too Ugly for the Cruiser crowd, too existent at all for the Naked crowd. I like that Honda is willing to go for it, because lets face it if they weren't we wouldn't have the F6B either, but this one feels like a miss to me.
    Here's your answer-----

Honda is strongly targeting new riders with nearly all its latest product introductions. With the American motorcycle market shrinking, they need to create a new audience to sell products to in the future. The idea is that someone who starts on a Honda CBR300R may move up to a Honda CBR500R, then a Honda CBR600RR. This new CTX1300 provides the same level of progression to its cruiser range. You may start on a CTX700, buy a CTX1300 a few years later, then move up to a Honda Gold Wing F6B. A tiered product range makes it easy for riders to advance the size of their bike as their skill (and budget) increases.