Following a Darksider - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Following a Darksider

Gentle peer pressure now required

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Thanks guys.
    The videos were impressive for auto applications.
    Never was the tire at a 45 degree angle to its nominal impact area and subjected to those stresses.....

I'm going to keep looking for data.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Well... it has come down to this then...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

On peer pressure....

Ah peer pressure....yeah....only works on someone who has at least one "youknowwhat" to give.
    Sadly, the USMC took all mine and now I have Zero.
    So says my coin.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

IF you have the correct CT it speaks for itself..... Example, a Bridgestone DriveGuard Run Flat is designed to give an automobile (think of the weight) to be able to drive 50 miles at 50 mph on ZERO pressure. That would be excessive pressure on any sidewall. I have 28,000 miles on my Driveguard, Interstate, Mountains, Dragon 10 times, 98* temps on the road in FL and several winter trips to WV waiting on outside temps to get to 50* for the 1000 mile trip home. After getting used to the feel of the tire, 28--30 lbs has proven best for me. BT45 on the front with 16k on the tire at 41 lbs still looks close to new. The rear tire DOES Not ride on the sidewall, it conforms to the ride curvature and always has at least as much rubber on the ground as a Moto tire. Never had a slip in dry or wet and lots of rain in FL. This is one of the top rated tires for traction on cars for wet traction with soft rubber on both outer edges and a silica band in the middle for mileage. The torque on the F6B will still scorch these tires if wanted for a short distance. The only drawback I know is in a parking lot going 0--5 mph it is a little harder to maneuver.