The Trials & Tribulations of Harley Ownership - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Trials & Tribulations of Harley Ownership

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Telling the F6B folks you like your HD is like farting in church. Telling the HD guys you bought an F6B is like coming out of the closet as a tranny.
    😄😄😄
    Truth!

GaTeach
    Speedjunkie, I"m with you. That's why my 90 HD sits next to my F6B. They both put smiles on my face, just different smiles.
    Telling the F6B folks you like your HD is like farting in church. Telling the HD guys you bought an F6B is like coming out of the closet as a tranny.
    😄😄😄

Lololololol.

Too funny

Speedjunkie, I"m with you. That's why my 90 HD sits next to my F6B. They both put smiles on my face, just different smiles.
    😄😄😄
    That is a fact!

Mike

Been bitten by the Harley bug a couple (bought 2 new bikes) times over the years. The soul faded quickly though.

😄😄😄
    Telling the BMW guys you went to a F6B, You are now a lost soul that has no brand loyalty and you are just misguided.
    I was actually told last week I should have waited for the Bagger....
    WAITED, yea right!

Still have the 86 FXR moth balled I just push it around the shop if I need reminding of "adventure of getting there".
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

I ride Hondas mostly for the same reasons I drive Toyotas. I decided when I was in my early 20's that I didn't like working on my cars so I could drive them. Though I modified many vehicles to make them more enjoyable to drive. The " Hondas have no soul" thing, is a phrase I find hilarious. So when facts and statistics can't be disputed, it's time to sway someone's opinion by playing to their emotional side.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    I ride Hondas mostly for the same reasons I drive Toyotas. I decided when I was in my early 20's that I didn't like working on my cars so I could drive them. Though I modified many vehicles to make them more enjoyable to drive. The " Hondas have no soul" thing, is a phrase I find hilarious. So when facts and statistics can't be disputed, it's time to sway someone's opinion by playing to their emotional side.

I'm with you, Soupbean!!!!! I dare anyone to tell Sweet Georgia she has no soul!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I'm with you, Soupbean!!!!! I dare anyone to tell Sweet Georgia she has no soul!!!!
    She has no soul. Let's just agree to different strokes for different folks.

Mike

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    She has no soul. Let's just agree to different strokes for different folks.

Mike
    *You* have no soul bubba. Leave SG out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    I agree with you on the "no soul" Toyota thing. I first discovered it when I bought my first Toyota ...a used 2003 blue Corolla. I quickly discovered that there were only 2 traits I could consider special about that car. First, it had absolutely no special identity ... I saw identical ones everywhere. I've since read that they are the most popular car ever made. Toyota has made over 43,000,000 Corollas. And second, it was extremely reliable and cheap to operate. If a driver can accept or appreciate those 2 traits, they will probably buy another Toyota.

In Feb. I bought my second Toyota. A new 2017 Tacoma PU. It too has the exact same two traits as the Corolla. Basically there is nothing special about it, or wrong with it either, for that matter. Does it "ping my pen*s" ??? NO !!! But I can say this about it. After 6,000 miles I can still find nothing wrong with it. Basically for me it is perfect transportation with no personality.