Sena Bluetooth SMH-10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sena Bluetooth SMH-10

Sena Bluetooth SMH-10

Just picked it up today. Super easy setup, allows me to use my phone, listen to music and hear audio from a Bluetooth enabled navigation system plus acts as a communicator with another Sena user!!! Very cool and great sound!!?,

Beagle

Can you tie it in with the F6B sound system?

I would love to be able to add phone capability. This just might be the ticket.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Newbie to Sena 10

I just purchased Bell open face helmets that integrate the Sena 10, we have only used them once so far for a couple hour ride. I have seen a lot of positive feed back about these but our first trip out, I was under impressed. The music sound quality from the speaker I thought was weak to say the least and when using the intercom, the wind noise generated was not good at all. I plan on trying the VOX intercom option next to see if that helps with the intercom and checking the speaker locations to see if they're installed correctly.

Any thoughts from users where I might be going wrong? We spent a pile and hoped for better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgey1 View Post
    I just purchased Bell open face helmets that integrate the Sena 10, we have only used them once so far for a couple hour ride. I have seen a lot of positive feed back about these but our first trip out, I was under impressed. The music sound quality from the speaker I thought was weak to say the least and when using the intercom, the wind noise generated was not good at all. I plan on trying the VOX intercom option next to see if that helps with the intercom and checking the speaker locations to see if they're installed correctly.

Any thoughts from users where I might be going wrong? We spent a pile and hoped for better performance.
    The speakers need to sit very close to your ears to have any bass response or decent volume. I've got the SMH-10 kit and it came with foam spacers that fit between the speakers and the helmet.
    It's the same effect as when you pull headphones off of your ears a little bit. If your helmet didn't come with any they are available as an aftermarket item... here's a link to what's available on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...a+supplies+kit

Also, quick tip for the frugal , the Sena universal connect will connect to bluetooth headsets like you stick in your ear or wear around your neck. It's pretty cool.
    If you only do 2-up occasionally, the passenger can use something like this to talk to you with:

Attachment 22580

Also, when you turn on the VOX there's a setting for VOX activation level, you'll need to set it high enough to mute the wind. This may take some experimentation as, IMHO, it's pretty distracting messing around with setting these things while moving. Maybe start at max and work your way down.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    The speakers need to sit very close to your ears to have any bass response or decent volume. I've got the SMH-10 kit and it came with foam spacers that fit between the speakers and the helmet.
    It's the same effect as when you pull headphones off of your ears a little bit. If your helmet didn't come with any they are available as an aftermarket item... here's a link to what's available on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...a+supplies+kit

Also, quick tip for the frugal , the Sena universal connect will connect to bluetooth headsets like you stick in your ear or wear around your neck. It's pretty cool.
    If you only do 2-up occasionally, the passenger can use something like this to talk to you with:

Attachment 22580

Also, when you turn on the VOX there's a setting for VOX activation level, you'll need to set it high enough to mute the wind. This may take some experimentation as, IMHO, it's pretty distracting messing around with setting these things while moving. Maybe start at max and work your way down.
    Thanks MB, it did not come with foam spacers, so I'll look into that as it make sense. We rode tonight and I tried the VOX and wouldn't shut off once activated due to wind, I will have to try adjusting sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by av8rdave View Post
    I would love to be able to add phone capability. This just might be the ticket.
    I've been using these for a few years now. I just got one BT unit, and speakers and mic for three helmets. Pretty cost effective.

I've done conference calls at 60 MPH. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgey1 View Post
    Thanks MB, it did not come with foam spacers, so I'll look into that as it make sense. We rode tonight and I tried the VOX and wouldn't shut off once activated due to wind, I will have to try adjusting sensitivity.
    When I first set up my headsets I had a lot of wind noise. Then I discovered there is a little tab on the microphone so you can make sure it is pointing in the right direction

Felt very silly when I realized I had the mic's pointed outward .....

Good eye, Navvet! Microphones and the holes they sit behind are so small these days it would be easy to overlook.

Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    When I first set up my headsets I had a lot of wind noise. Then I discovered there is a little tab on the microphone so you can make sure it is pointing in the right direction

Felt very silly when I realized I had the mic's pointed outward .....
    Duh , that sounds like the issue. Thanks Nav, i will pull the foam covering off the mic tonight and take a look which way its pointing.