No new 2018 Wing - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No new 2018 Wing

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    Unfortunately, because of Euro emission/safety standards that went into effect Sept 1, it sounds like the GL1800 run is ending. If Honda continues with the GL1800 line here in America, it will probably be color changes as usual.

Aug. 20, 2017

"Honda Motor, the top maker, with a market share of over 40%, has made 24 of its 74 models compatible with the incoming environmental and safety requirements. Of the remaining models, the Super Cub small bike and the 1800cc Goldwing are being killed off for now; they are to be reintroduced after they can be made regulation-compliant."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Com...ng-of-the-past
    Crow is delicious
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Crow is delicious

I COULD take offense to that .....but here you go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrxX8LEqs8w

OK ... so who's gonna show us how to post pictures ???

Here you go............

1. Open up an IMGUR account www.imgur.com
    2. Upload your photos from phone or SD card from camera to IMGUR
    3. Once loaded, go to your images and click one
    4. When it appears by itself, you'll see on the right a vertical list of boxes like Image Link Direct Link, etc.
    5. Go down to the one that says BBCode and left click the COPY box
    6. Come over here and compose your message and then hit your ENTER key you now have a new line to post your image. Right click and PASTE that copied code and when you SUMBIT
    REPLY the image should appear in your post like this:

Good looking seat. RDL ???

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Good looking seat. RDL ???
    Yes sir, it is. Best seat I've ever had my ass on, which includes Ez Berg from the 70's, Corbins on Harleys, Sargents on BMW's, and a Dallas Police Harley solo seat with air on my last Street Glide. If I didn't have the RDL, I might have bought Don's Corbin in the Classified section. That would be my 2nd choice behind the Russell. My butt thanks me after every ride

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Just curious, anyone here ever owned or owns a ST1300?

I just looked again at the new Goldwing, has so much in common with Sport Tourers. Could it easily be called a ST1800 ???

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Just curious, anyone here ever owned or owns a ST1300?

I just looked again at the new Goldwing, has so much in common with Sport Tourers. Could it easily be called a ST1800 ???
    Yep the "much in common" is true, but I think the weight and lack of ground clearance and the overall mass of the new Goldwing would be the main reasons that precludes it from being classified a true "Sport Tourer".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_touring_motorcycle
    A sport touring motorcycle (sometime a "sports-tourer") is a type of motorcycle that combines the performance of a sport bike with the long-distance capabilities and comfort of a touring motorcycle.

The first sport-tourer is said to be the fully faired 1977 BMW R100RS. Journalist Peter Egan defines the sport-tourer as a "café racer that doesn't hurt your wrists and a touring bike that doesn't feel like a tank," and identified the R100RS as the first example he owned.

Unlike a sport model, a sport touring model will typically have more wind protection with larger fairings and an adjustable windscreen, a transmission with lower gearing, a shaft drive instead of chain drive, side and/or rear pannier storage systems, a larger alternator for more accessories, heated handlebar grips, remotely adjustable headlights, a larger fuel tank for increased range, and a more upright seating position. Unlike a full touring model, a sports-tourer will typically have more ride height ground clearance for better cornering, less storage, lower weight, a less relaxed seating position, less room for the pillion, and higher overall performance.

When designing a sport-tourer, some manufacturers make economies by using an existing engine, technology and tooling from their recent sport bikes, rather than creating a dedicated engine design from scratch. Sport-tourer engines could be differently-tuned versions of its sport bike sibling, the emphasis becoming mid-range torque rather than peak horsepower. This often includes a different cylinder head and exhaust system. For example, the Triumph Sprint motorcycle shared its engine with the Daytona, Speed Triple, and Tiger models; the Kawasaki 1400GTR/Concours 14 shares the basic engine with the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14; and Ducati's ST4 sport-tourer used the 916's engine. The sport-tourer Aprilia SL1000 Falco used a differently-tuned version from the Aprilia RSV Mille sport bike. As consumer expectations changed, some sportbikes were redefined (for marketing purposes) as sport touring bikes: the 2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R sportbike became the 2004 ZZR600 with just a change to a fairing bracket.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep the "much in common" is true, but I think the weight and lack of ground clearance and the overall mass of the new Goldwing would be the main reasons that precludes it from being classified a true "Sport Tourer".
    ]

Over all mass of the new Gold Wing? The ST1300s are no light weights...

Curb Weight 730 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride.

Yes the New Gold Wing is 57 pounds heavier though.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Over all mass of the new Gold Wing? The ST1300s are no light weights...

Curb Weight 730 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride.

Yes the New Gold Wing is 57 pounds heavier though.
    Hehe... but when you match up the ST1300s side by side with the GL1800 the "Over all mass of the new Gold Wing" is greater IMHO.

The Gl1800 has a fatter ass

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/