More new Goldwing and F6B pics - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: More new Goldwing and F6B pics

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    The style of our F6B's is very unique and we probably all agree, very cool. Every time I look at mine I admire the lines and appreciate how nobody else has done one that looks as good (ok, some good looking Harley baggers, but, they're Harleys!). It looks like the new version will be very similar to the BMW and more "sport tourer" than bagger. What all this means is, the 2013-2017 F6B will become a collectable classic .... And, am I correct that black was only available year one?
    Just don't see that. The bike styling looks more similar to the current 1800s than they do a BMW.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    Other than the controls being in front of you instead of the left lower panel, I am not a fan...I like my 6.
    I'm w/you on that, got my B were I like it and am going to keep it.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

I plan on keeping my current F6B too. It took some work, but now it fits me perfectly and I want to enjoy it for several more years and thousands of miles. However, if I'm being honest I will probably get the 2018 F6B too as soon as it is available. Dammit. Hi, my name is Bigdawg and I'm a bike-aholic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    I plan on keeping my current F6B too. It took some work, but now it fits me perfectly and I want to enjoy it for several more years and thousands of miles. However, if I'm being honest I will probably get the 2018 F6B too as soon as it is available. Dammit. Hi, my name is Bigdawg and I'm a bike-aholic.
    I'm in the same boat. Have done so many mods on my bike, with suspension, helibars,lighting, full aftermarket audio system etc... I could never hope to think it would make sense to try and sell my F6B. Wife did say I would have to get rid of the 86 Aspencade project that has sat idle for a few years on my table lift. So I guess 3 bikes is my limit.

The Aspencade was my Dad's GoldWing that I brought home . I fixed a couple issues with it . Pulse Generator bad.Took all the bodywork off of it thinking I would repaint and renew it and here it sits. Besides time, just have not had much interest in throwing money at it when I'm buying new suspension etc.. for the B.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

There's 34 replies to this thread, and no one has addressed the elephant in the room.... PAINT

Hopefully the guy in charge of the paint booth got some updated training.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    There's 34 replies to this thread, and no one has addressed the elephant in the room.... PAINT

Hopefully the guy in charge of the paint booth got some updated training.
    Paint? You mean the softness of it perhaps? I read ealy on that Honda had gone to a water based paint; instead of an oil based paint due to environmental concerns... not sure if that's true but supposedly that is the reason why it is easily scratched.

The Honda matte finishes on the other hand, do not exhibit the same propensity for incurring an easily scratched surface.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Granted these are "Leaked Photos" they may or may not be showing final production models. Thus leaving us open to lots of speculation at this point. I gotta say, I'm not really blown away with the styling. After 16 years of the same tired design I was expecting more. I really hope the engine is more powerful. Given the 1800 has proven itself to be an outstanding piece of engineering outlasting anything in a motorcycle, it's just not a strong as it should be. Given the displacement they could have done so much more. The current horsepower numbers are lacking big time compared to bikes like the comparable Beemer, or for guys like me who are on the fence between the new F6B or and FJR.

I might actually be wider than the new wing shelter, so there's that...

It's never easy to have a full appreciation, or not, of any new vehicle until you see it in person. So here's to the 2018 GW whatever it turns out to be.

Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

I'm Back(I think).

After selling my F6B in 2014 these new spy photos have piqued my interest. I am looking forward to the Demo rides when they come this way.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/24/...rcycle-leaked/

Quote Originally Posted by daleglide View Post
    After selling my F6B in 2014 these new spy photos have peaked my interest. I am looking forward to the Demos rides when they come this way.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/24/...rcycle-leaked/
    My interest is also piqued. Just wondering if the new F6B (alleged) will come with standard ABS and reverse here in the USA...and the DCT option. Seems like a logical progression, but I have been surprised before...
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"