More new Goldwing and F6B pics - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: More new Goldwing and F6B pics

You need to look again. Check out the bare bike on page 1. Crash bars under the engine staring you in the face. Check out the images of the B and Wing. Look under the front of the bag. See the "possibly covered in rubber" protrusions. That's the back crash bars. IF these images are close to real, Honda has most likely covered the bars cosmetically. What are you not seeing? The rear crash bars are staring at the folded-up rear passenger floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cosmetic similarities of the alleged new wing to the gl1100's. The lines around the side of the fairing and bags look real similar to the 1100's. The new design has a retro feel to it. Or maybe it's just me.
    It's not just you. I had the same thought as I looked at the graphics. I think it's a nice nod to the lineage.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Hey, here's a thought:

The seats on the F6b and the Wing look very very similar. Maybe the trunk is removable! Probably not, but maybe ...
    That would be awesome! I'd give that a "Hell, yeah!"
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    You need to look again. Check out the bare bike on page 1. Crash bars under the engine staring you in the face. Check out the images of the B and Wing. Look under the front of the bag. See the "possibly covered in rubber" protrusions. That's the back crash bars. IF these images are close to real, Honda has most likely covered the bars cosmetically. What are you not seeing? The rear crash bars are staring at the folded-up rear passenger floorboards.
    Looking again, I actually think that they are employing skid pucks rather than crash bars. The hard mounting points for the pucks appear to be under the plastic. Clean look!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    If you look close and at the naked pic featuring the front end , You will see the crash protection. Just not as obvious as the current models.
    You're correct, crash protection is there. It looks like it's going to be mounted underneath some trim panels but it's there. Also there's no proof these are the pictures of the final production bikes. Although I think they're pretty close to what we'll end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    You're correct, crash protection is there. It looks like it's going to be mounted underneath some trim panels but it's there. Also there's no proof these are the pictures of the final production bikes. Although I think they're pretty close to what we'll end up with.
    Honda has acknowledged the photos are the real deal (after all--Honda leaked the pics out)

It also appears there are other crash bumpers just above the exhaust near the front of the bags. I like how they are more stealth than the current design. And what about the passenger foot pegs to me it looks like food up outta site when not in use.

2018 f6b

If this is true I'll have one.my 2015 has 31k on it time for a new one.

New to forum but not bikes.

I have been reading & enjoying this forum for years. DID not feel a need to join, since I was riding BMW. I have been riding M/C's since 1967. I have owned the 1200 GW, a HD, and most other makes. Stayed with BMW for many years. I am tired of the way BMW does things. Now that I have over 400K, raced amateur for a year, taught M/C safety etc... I have come full circle. My first encounter with a bike was Honda ~ 1967. If the new ones are reasonably priced, I will buy. If not I will be happy with a 2014 ~ 2016 F6B. But seriously, I really want ABS brakes. They can have everything else. BUT ABS saved my hide more times than I can count. More than once, when coming to a stop, at night, there was some thing on the road. I would have gone down if not for ABS.... and I can ride a bike on the front wheel stoppee. But one can not anticipate unknown surface grip, or what might require supreme & accurate stopping abilities! Ask this guy in the video below. He locked his front wheel and went down. He was lucky it was not worse.

But heck yea! The new F6B and GW both look good. The previous F6B looks good too. I would be very proud to own either.

Anyway, nice to be here, love the attitude here and hope to meet some you! Please keep it safe out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2FuTQDChY

Welcome Kasperwing

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
    I have been reading & enjoying this forum for years. DID not feel a need to join, since I was riding BMW . . . . The new F6B and GW both look good. The previous F6B looks good too. I would be very proud to own either. Anyway, nice to be here, love the attitude here and hope to meet some you! Please keep it safe out there!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2FuTQDChY
    Welcome Kasperwing! Interesting first (well, I guess second) post . . . hope there will be many more! Keep us posted on what develops with B ownership for you down the road!