More new Goldwing and F6B pics - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: More new Goldwing and F6B pics

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Now we are faced with electric cars and self driving cars being shoved down our throats by those that feel it is the answer to all our problems!!!....Recently, legislators in California are attempting to introduce a bill banning all "Internal Combustion Engines"...Good Luck. but the "Idiots" in that state think they are the only people on earth.....Ride safe
    Many countries are proposing banning the ICE in coming years. Not just California. Take a look at China, India Germany & Denmark.

I drive a P85D tesla after owning many other performance vehicles. I find gas cars slow boring @ outdated now. Never going back to combustion engine.
    Never driven an electric bike though....would love to try one.
    I think ABS is a good thing but rarely have used it.
    Technologies are fantastic. Without them we'd still be hunter gatherers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
    said the man who just went down and says...." wow, it was a a lot more slippery than I expected"

It is clear to me that you have not watched the video where Moto GP guys were saying they were better than ABS.

I agree ... their is no way I can be avoiding an accident while analyzing every 1/4" of my "pavement braking conditions." I've bought 2 new GL1800 and both had ABS. I will never buy one without it.

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    I agree ... their is no way I can be avoiding an accident while analyzing every 1/4" of my "pavement braking conditions." I've bought 2 new GL1800 and both had ABS. I will never buy one without it.
    Don't get me wrong. I wish I could brake better than ABS all the time. But it has been found that when the road is not dry, things don't always turn out the way we want them to.

I hope this save's a few my friends on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kO6ltk3a0&t=222

you can google and get many many videos all equally eye opening.

I am only the messenger

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Think I will start calling you spoon from now on.
    That was a very strong stir Sir.

....but

Don't call me Sir. I work for a living.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

And now for something completely different....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Many countries are proposing banning the ICE in coming years. Not just California. Take a look at China, India Germany & Denmark.

I drive a P85D tesla after owning many other performance vehicles. I find gas cars slow boring @ outdated now. Never going back to combustion engine.
    Never driven an electric bike though....would love to try one.
    I think ABS is a good thing but rarely have used it.
    Technologies are fantastic. Without them we'd still be hunter gatherers.
    You just copped to a bunch of Trump-voting, gun-toting RealAmericans(TM) that you drive a Tesla. They may ask you to surrender your man card.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    You just copped to a bunch of Trump-voting, gun-toting RealAmericans(TM) that you drive a Tesla. They may ask you to surrender your man card.
    If I could recover from the 2008 stock crash (thanks Barry) I could afford a Tesla too.

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Are you a lawyer by any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Oh... I don't have a dog in this fight. I am comfortable with ABS or not. I was just commenting on our fellow forum member's diatribe against motorcycle manufacturers...
    Haha! Heck no, I'm not a lawyer! But I live in a state (California) that is contaminated with ambulance chasers to such a degree that it increasingly perverts human interaction. Simple tort reform (such as no-fault insurance) could fix a lot of that, but the trial lawyers oppose the proposition every time it is offered.

As for my diatribe, it wasn't against motorcycle manufacturers, and certainly not against Honda. It was only targeted at American Honda (not a manufacturer, except perhaps for the Acura NSX), who imports these motorcycles and, as opposed to all other Honda importers worldwide, doesn't offer ABS on the F6B, not even as an option. That, in my opinion, is irresponsible.

My butt was saved by ABS (on a BMW) and yet, I purchased an F6B without it, after giving up on an import from Canada because of all the hassles. While the F6B has truly excellent stopping power, I never feel as safe without ABS and I wish I had it. I don't think anybody who hasn't actually experienced ABS kicking in to prevent a wheel lock on gravel or some other unexpected surface can truly appreciate what it does. Perhaps I don't have the riding skills that others have, but it's hard to imagine anyone being capable of reacting faster than ABS. So I keep my fingers crossed for the 2018 model year! End of diatribe!

What is wrong with driving a Tesla? It is not like it is a Prius or something weak. Heck a Tesla is Corvette competition and equally good looking.

Very cool , BUT: "At 30 mph, the charge can last for 40 miles on Sway Lithium." I can't even get to town and with that.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.