Test rode the BMW K1600 B
GoldWingHIDS
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Test rode the BMW K1600 B

  1. #1
    Senior Member fast eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101

    Test rode the BMW K1600 B

    Went to lical dealer and rode the Bagger Beemer. Very nice bike great motor and more electronic gadgets then a rocket. Reverse.,electronic windshield cruise control etc etc etc. That being said it would not lure me away from my F6B. Knees on pegs put me in uncomfortable position, seat not very good jerky throttle when taking off an clutch is very touchy. Looks great floorboards very nice addition but nowhere the bike the F6B is.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    104
    There is a low seat and a taller seat. The knees don't bother me with the taller seat, but I agree I did not like the lower seat because of my knee bend. The throttle response is just tricky with takeoff and you quickly get used to it. I think the throttle is very smooth otherwise. I have about 1000 miles on mine so far and I'm very happy with it in general. However, I like to make all of my motorcycles comfortable for the long haul and I will need to find the right windscreen and a seat with a backrest before I will know if this one will fit the bill.

  3. #3
    Moderator - DarkSider#1617 Steve 0080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sanford,FLA
    Posts
    8,009
    Looked at one today... very nice and nice price also $24K...basic Black !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA

  4. #4
    Senior Member Travelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    There is a low seat and a taller seat. The knees don't bother me with the taller seat, but I agree I did not like the lower seat because of my knee bend. The throttle response is just tricky with takeoff and you quickly get used to it. I think the throttle is very smooth otherwise. I have about 1000 miles on mine so far and I'm very happy with it in general. However, I like to make all of my motorcycles comfortable for the long haul and I will need to find the right windscreen and a seat with a backrest before I will know if this one will fit the bill.
    Check out the 7Jurock 19" screen for the K1600 series. Relatively inexpensive ($170) with a nice flair at the top. I had one on my 2016 RT (the "Werks" screen) and loved it. Very quiet with good protection even when looking over it in the down position, and still very quiet and non-turbulent when raised.

  5. #5
    Member F6Broy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Posts
    41

    Looked at one today

    Looked at one today. Thought it was a nice bike and all the gadgets were very cool. It offers a lot. That being said I looked at my "B" thought she was beautiful in her matte silver and drove home. Not enough to tempt me away but the horsepower was sweet! F6Broy

  6. #6
    Senior Member unsub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gone Fishin'
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    Went to lical dealer and rode the Bagger Beemer. Very nice bike great motor and more electronic gadgets then a rocket. Reverse.,electronic windshield cruise control etc etc etc. That being said it would not lure me away from my F6B. Knees on pegs put me in uncomfortable position, seat not very good jerky throttle when taking off an clutch is very touchy. Looks great floorboards very nice addition but nowhere the bike the F6B is.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

    No, I haven't ridden one yet, but I did have a good walk around a few weeks back. As I walked back to my B the first thought that came to me was how "svelte" my B looked by comparison. I couldn't think of any other way to describe my B's disposition. It's low maintenance, a slender long and low profile, and uncluttered as compared to the Beemer....just my thoughts.

    Looking at some of the 2018 Goldwing renderings I have my fingers crossed that it will be distinct enough from the Beemer to make it a worthwhile consideration for upgrading someday.
    -Let's make Goldwings Great Again!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    54
    Bike looks sharp. The hp and torque must be so much fun, decent weight, 6 speed, 41 mpg. Nice!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Check out the 7Jurock 19" screen for the K1600 series. Relatively inexpensive ($170) with a nice flair at the top. I had one on my 2016 RT (the "Werks" screen) and loved it. Very quiet with good protection even when looking over it in the down position, and still very quiet and non-turbulent when raised.
    Thanks for the idea. I feel kinda stupid that I've had a K1600gt for 3 years and never heard of that brand before. I put a Cee Bailey screen on my GT and I am happy with it so I have a 20" screen on order for the B. If it doesn't work out I will try the 7Jurock.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    Looked at one today. Thought it was a nice bike and all the gadgets were very cool. It offers a lot. That being said I looked at my "B" thought she was beautiful in her matte silver and drove home. Not enough to tempt me away but the horsepower was sweet! F6Broy
    I agree with you. I don't think I could have given up my F6B to get the Beemer. It took me quite a while to make the F6B comfortable for me, but now that it is, it may be my favorite bike of all time. I plan on keeping it for years.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Commerce Twp.MI USA
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    I agree with you. I don't think I could have given up my F6B to get the Beemer. It took me quite a while to make the F6B comfortable for me, but now that it is, it may be my favorite bike of all time. I plan on keeping it for years.
    Went to an K1600B seminar today at the BMW dealer...Really nice bike and the dealer I was at has sold everyone he ordered and has a list of riders waiting..Good response so far I suppose...I looked it over carefully, sat on one and did not care for the seating/riding position so much, but it was way too hot outside to ride and I had to leave...Got back on my "trusty old 2013" F6B and rode home a happy camper and asked myself, why would I want to go back into debt and spend almost $24,000 on a bike I really do not need/want, and for sure do not need all the "whistles/bells" at this stage of my life...Not for me, but a great bike for those that want one!!!...Ride safe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •