Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Man View Post
As a retired 25 year Army Vet, I am torn on this issue. Personally, I find their actions appalling. At the same time, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution - including their First Amendment right to do this very thing. So....part of me is proud that we live in a country where people have the right to do this, but disappointed they choose to do so.

Their issue probably has merit, but it is getting lost on how they are addressing it. There is no dialogue on why they are protesting, only on how they are protesting. Kind of self-defeating.

Unless you've served (except for patriotic folks like that are here on this board), it is hard to imagine what the flag and the anthem means to a Soldier. We salute it at the start of the day when it is raised, and salute it at the end of the day when it is lowered. That flag has covered the coffins of our brothers in arms. Many say it is just a piece of cloth - but to a veteran it so much more.

I cannot control the actions of others - but I am in complete charge of my own. Therefore, I am choosing to boycott NFL games - there are plenty of collage games to feed my interest. YMMV.
Yes, they DO have the right to protest, but I also have the right to object and boycott their sorry, over paid asses.