What the heck are you talking about? I just looked up the Department of The Treasury Organizational Orders concerning revenue collections. While I don't see anything about Puerto Rico, it does say the IRS is part of the US Department of the Treasury. DOO was last rewritten in 1982 under President Reagan's Treasury Secretary (Regan) and edited a couple of years ago. See: https://www.treasury.gov/about/role-.../to150-10.aspx

You can believe what you want, but I am playing it safe and mailing out the check for $245.00 that the IRS office located in Kansas City Mo says I owe because I under paid my estimated taxes for this year. I may hate the IRS, but I know they can kick my butt around....

Been hunting around the Internet regarding what say you about PR and Puerto Rico. Seems as if people started confusing some activity concerning the US setting up some dumb office in PR in the early 1950s when AT THE SAME TIME, Treasury also changed the name of the Bureau of Internal Revenue to the IRS. A little hunting around proved to me that your claim below is nothing more than just a theory posted by some who don't like the IRS.

Oh, and agencies don't have to always get a law passed to change their name, or even to get established. The Department of Commerce changed the name of the Bureau of Export Administration to The Bureau of Industry and Security some years ago with a Departmental Organization Order. The only folks on the Hill that gave a damn were the folks providing the money on the Appropriations Committee. And they cared only in that nobody in Commerce told them beforehand. It pissed them off. The next fiscal year's appropriation bill made it illegal for Commerce to change the name of any Commerce agency without giving Appropriations a 15 day advance warning before. The only thing less meaningful than that name change is your claim below about where the IRS is supposedly located. It doesn't matter and doesn't even seem to be true. Although I did get a good chuckle out of it! (Thanks, this site is all sorts of entertaining).

Not sure why the IRS didn't come after you and your money, but I doubt it had anything about how the agency was authorized. The IRS doesn't care how it was authorized when it comes after someone. The IRS is a fact on the ground, (a painful one though). It's a bit like that 75 year old oak tree in my backyard. I have no idea whether a squirrel dropped a nut to start it, or if some moron planted it. Either way, it drops painful acorns every fall on my deck. Uunlike the IRS, I may be able to actually get rid of the stupid tree.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
The IRS is a private trust based out of Puerto Rico, of course your IT guy never heard of PR because all info at the IRS is sectionalized, an inverted pyramid with most of the knowledge at the top which rapidly descends as you go to the lower ranks. This is why the NFL sucks https://squawker.org/culture-wars/br...tional-anthem/. Of course I was successful and success is defined as they left me alone after US Tax Court and Federal District Court. The Honorable Carol Amon, now the Chief Justice of the Eastern District, told the IRS''s lawyers that if what I presented was true, I won the case. Well you should have seen the panic in the room. 5 IRS lawyers had a verbal colonoscopy. A last minute maneuver had the case dismissed without prejudice which was fine with me. Basically, if they ever broke my balls again I would recharge the case, never heard a peep again. What I underlined, italicised and put in bold letters above of your words is a perfect description of Public Policy as Blacks Law describes it. i have been in a courtroom where the same ordinance applied in one case and the exact ordinance was considered not applicable in another exact case and the reason - better paperwork via the rules.