I have been reading this thread for a few days and I finally decided to comment on several things.
1. Big Larry, I have not met you but sure would like to have a beer with you. I was also a grunt and was discharged in October 1970. I enjoy your insight.
2. I spent a 45 year career defending the constitution and I would defend any of these players rights if they went downtown on Tuesday and protested and held a sign. However, they cross the line showing disrespect for our flag while representing their team and the NFL. I blead for that flag.I watch sports for sports not political commentary.
3. John McCain, is a legitimate American hero. Anyone who signs away their life to Uncle Sam understands this. He endured captivity and torture for this country. Howeve, this does not mean you have to like his politics. I respect the service but despise his politics.He is in no way a conservative and has lied on his positions a few times. I think sometimes the lines get blurred between his military service and his political life.
4. I do kinda thank the NFL because they have freed up a lot of time for me to ride my F6B. F6Broy