NFL sucks! - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NFL sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Did you put those TBR's on
    No.. I didn't Mike. And I didn't do the Helibars either even though I ordered them. Still an option though. Because...

I have discerned recently that I have not (well I discovered this a long time ago) that my physical preparation for a long ride was not up to par... and trying to compensate for my aches and pains with supplemental upgrades into the required areas of motorcycle controls/comfort may/could not be needed.

My middle back/shoulder pain all this year from the past Rally that I was suffering from is now almost gone, from more time in the saddle since then

I have digressed from your original question though... sorry my thoughts and fingers are flying right now on the keyboard... I did not install TBR's as of yet... I REALLY do not want to cut my head pipes. I had posted that before.... not like I could not do it successfully... I still need to ride a bike with TBR's and did not have the opportunity to do so during the last Rally...the weather sort of sucked but we had a good time anyway... just want to make sure that dropping $650.00+ for the TBR's doesn't hurt me (severe tinnitus) any more than I endure now.

Still an option for me. Never say never...

I do sincerely... expect things are on the up and up for you and the one you love. Glad to have you here posting Mike. You're a great contributor to this forum and I hope we can all meet you some day at one of the Rally's...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    No.. I didn't Mike. And I didn't do the Helibars either even though I ordered them. Still an option though. Because...

I have discerned recently that I have not (well I discovered this a long time ago) that my physical preparation for a long ride was not up to par... and trying to compensate for my aches and pains with supplemental upgrades into the required areas of motorcycle controls/comfort may/could not be needed.

My middle back/shoulder pain all this year from the past Rally that I was suffering from is now almost gone, from more time in the saddle since then

I have digressed from your original question though... sorry my thoughts and fingers are flying right now on the keyboard... I did not install TBR's as of yet... I REALLY do not want to cut my head pipes. I had posted that before.... not like I could not do it successfully... I still need to ride a bike with TBR's and did not have the opportunity to do so during the last Rally...the weather sort of sucked but we had a good time anyway... just want to make sure that dropping $650.00+ for the TBR's doesn't hurt me (severe tinnitus) any more than I endure now.

Still an option for me. Never say never...

I do sincerely... expect things are on the up and up for you and the one you love. Glad to have you here posting Mike. You're a great contributor to this forum and I hope we can all meet you some day at one of the Rally's...
    You're very kind, well since my price on the "B" wasn't met, and $ is not the issue, it's staying right here. And yes things are looking better, slow process, thank you for asking. Listen if the weather holds up and there are a couple of days open with no rain, snow or sleet I would have no problem grabbing a Motel 6 near you so you can ride this thing like a rented mule and it'll give you a chance to sample the Helibars with the TBR's. It'll give me a little rest too.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

You're very kind, well since my price on the "B" wasn't met, and $ is not the issue, it's staying right here. And yes things are looking better, slow process, thank you for asking. Listen if the weather holds up and there are a couple of days open with no rain, snow or sleet I would have no problem grabbing a Motel 6 near you so you can ride this thing like a rented mule and it'll give you a chance to sample the Helibars with the TBR's. It'll give me a little rest too.
    GOOD that you are keeping the BIKE

Very happy for you!

Give my (our) best to your's... and

... no need to stay at a Motel 6... I'll just put you in the shed out back.. there's electric and a beer fridge to boot. You'll be fine and we will check on you...

J/K

We'll stay in touch.. and more importantly... see if you can make Colorado; mebbee long shot for us here on the right coast; but if not...Cherokee, N.C. just down south later...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    GOOD that you are keeping the BIKE

Very happy for you!

Give my (our) best to your's... and

... no need to stay at a Motel 6... I'll just put you in the shed out back.. there's electric and a beer fridge to boot. You'll be fine and we will check on you...

J/K

We'll stay in touch.. and more importantly... see if you can make Colorado; mebbee long shot for us here on the right coast; but if not...Cherokee, N.C. just down south later...
    Just let me know, I have family in Delaware I can stop by on the way back and say hi to. If everything progresses as it should Co. or NC will be be definitely possible. "The NFL sucks" (No hijack)

Ignorance of the law is never a defense nor an excuse. How else is the officer going to know if you are in the vicinity of your home if he can't identify where you live? He's going to take your word for it? You answered your own question.
    And again as I asked originally please show me the statute that says I must carry ID on me at all times. My quick research into subject pretty much says the same thing as Dadeo here:

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    The bottom line here is that an LEO must have a reasonable reason for bothering you.

Here is what I know, thanks to my Dad who was an attorney for years in crime ridden Syracuse NY. He always told us that we should carry ID when out, but it is not required by law for most situations - - - like if you are just out walking the dog. There are obvious exceptions: buying or carrying alcohol; operating a vehicle on public waterways, lands or roads; hunting and fishing; carrying a gun; voting (recently); etc.

He told us that you SHOULD ALWAYS treat an LEO with respect and COURTESY. He also said that we had to identify ourselves to an LEO when asked. But that we had the right to see the LEO's own badge/ID before showing or telling them our own name and address. This establishes that the person is indeed an LEO (yes, some wackos like to impersonate LEOs ). Security guards should be treated the same as LEOs, despite that in many states they have no right to do more than call an LEO.
    A quick search said basically the same in Washington State and even went further to say specifically you do not have to carry ID on you at all times and if you were stopped by a uniformed LEO stating your name, DOB and address covered most interactions. Where it did get out in the weeds for me was being able to refuse to answer until such time has you are being charged with a civil infraction. Your local area may very well have a more stringent ordinance on ID's but by and large it appears most states do not require a person to carry ID when they are not doing something that would require it such as buying or carrying alcohol, operating a vehicle on public waterways, lands or roads; hunting and fishing and carrying a gun. Those are the most common ones although I am sure there are others. I have a co-worker who is a former LEO that I have not gotten to speak with on the subject yet to get his take on the matter. I am more curious than concerned, however conversations with him about these types of matters have always been interesting.

Great news on all fronts, Mike. Good to know you're keeping the Black Beast and that other issues are getting better. Hope to see you in Colorado. It'll be here sooner than later.............my RDL and the TBR's are like a good bottle of Caymus....they get better with more time and miles

The Crow

I'll say it again, in Stop and ID states, and NY is, whether you're walking your dog, petting your pussy, picking your nose when an officer asks you for ID and you refuse it is a crime and you will be detained. The caveat is there must be a suspicion of criminal activity so being that in any given area anywhere there are pending robberies, rapes, burglaries etc. with suspects that haven't been caught where the perps may fit your description, there's your suspicion. Now if you open your big mouth as it looks like you're the guy that tells them "I'm not showing you my ID, and BTW I pay your salary". Then combined with your non cooperation, against your father's advice, and further refusal to provide ID that's grounds for taking you in. You see the law is written for them not you and as your father knows we are under Public Policy so that gives the judge tremendous latitude. So if you think not carrying ID is the hill you want to die on, be my guest you will lose every single time and keep a lawyer on retainer. There is no law requiring you to pay an Income Tax or Withholding, and I did it for years hence the username, yet when you refuse the law exists and you are guilty, same here. Millions of people are fined, their pay garnished, imprisoned and property seized for non payment. Do you stand outside the IRS and say I'm not paying because I'm not required?
    You are right that a few states / localities have passed laws requiring the production of an ID on demand. BUT no such law as withstood a review all the way to Supremes... NY's came closes with stop and frisk, but I believe Rudy (or successor) dropped the case at the state level Appeal Ct level ( his attorneys told him they'd lose). I think we agree that anyone who give a copper a hard time is probably going to need someone like my Dad! But, someone who is cooperative is not likely to need one, if he self identifies and doesn't seem suspicious. Moreso, I agree that the only way you are going to successfully defend your right to walk that dog without ID (assuming a copper wants to push it) is to get someone like my Dad to defend you after the fact. That or the ACLU perhaps. On the other hand,, the locality paying that cop may hand out a large settlement -- depending on how far the copper and the dog walker take the issue...... Seen that too.

On taxes... Unfortunately, Congress did pass a law authorizing the income tax and there was a constitutional amendment back in the early part of the 20th Century making such a tax constitutional, although I don't believe the words "income tax" are in the text of the amendment. Btw, I F-ing hate the current income tax, and I don't like how much Congress delegated to the IRS via those laws: a whole lot of powers were given to the IRS to enact unending regulations to collect. However unfortunately, the courts have held that those regulations do have the force of law. So you can't say those regulations are not law. They "suck", but they are law.

We have a mixed system of legislated, regulatory and common law that dates back to the English. The "law" is not only what the legislature at the state or federal level passed, but it is also all the regulations that executive agencies write (as a result of what the legislature passed), AND all the opinions that courts have made about both. It would be more accurate if you'd said that the specific laws that Congress passed do not mention withholding specifically. However, the IRS issued regulations that ARE based on what Congress passed and the courts have upheld the IRS saying that withholding is one of several acceptable methods (and are mentioned in the regs) to make those payments. So withholding is in fact, "law" in good ol USA. BTW, it sounds like you know that if you fail to pay enough each quarter you will accrue interest and penalties, under the law. Something I am also familiar with. (groan)...

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    You are right that a few states / localities have passed laws requiring the production of an ID on demand. BUT no such law as withstood a review all the way to Supremes... NY's came closes with stop and frisk, but I believe Rudy (or successor) dropped the case at the state level Appeal Ct level ( his attorneys told him they'd lose). I think we agree that anyone who give a copper a hard time is probably going to need someone like my Dad! But, someone who is cooperative is not likely to need one, if he self identifies and doesn't seem suspicious. Moreso, I agree that the only way you are going to successfully defend your right to walk that dog without ID (assuming a copper wants to push it) is to get someone like my Dad to defend you after the fact. That or the ACLU perhaps. On the other hand,, the locality paying that cop may hand out a large settlement -- depending on how far the copper and the dog walker take the issue...... Seen that too.

On taxes... Unfortunately, Congress did pass a law authorizing the income tax and there was a constitutional amendment back in the early part of the 20th Century making such a tax constitutional, although I don't believe the words "income tax" are in the text of the amendment. Btw, I F-ing hate the current income tax, and I don't like how much Congress delegated to the IRS via those laws: a whole lot of powers were given to the IRS to enact unending regulations to collect. However unfortunately, the courts have held that those regulations do have the force of law. So you can't say those regulations are not law. They "suck", but they are law.

We have a mixed system of legislated, regulatory and common law that dates back to the English. The "law" is not only what the legislature at the state or federal level passed, but it is also all the regulations that executive agencies write (as a result of what the legislature passed), AND all the opinions that courts have made about both. It would be more accurate if you'd said that the specific laws that Congress passed do not mention withholding specifically. However, the IRS issued regulations that ARE based on what Congress passed and the courts have upheld the IRS saying that withholding is one of several acceptable methods (and are mentioned in the regs) to make those payments. So withholding is in fact, "law" in good ol USA. BTW, it sounds like you know that if you fail to pay enough each quarter you will accrue interest and penalties, under the law. Something I am also familiar with. (groan)...
    Actually if I remember correctly Taxfree4 is a very astute individual when it comes to the legalese of taxes and found a way out of a large percentage of what most of us consider normal taxes. There was a prior post quite awhile back on the subject. I cannot remember who was the other major contributor on that thread but very interesting reading.

taxes

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Actually if I remember correctly Taxfree4 is a very astute individual when it comes to the legalese of taxes and found a way out of a large percentage of what most of us consider normal taxes. There was a prior post quite awhile back on the subject. I cannot remember who was the other major contributor on that thread but very interesting reading.
    I think I agree with Taxfree4's attitude on taxes: pay as little as is legal. If he's got a legit/legal strategies to cut what I pay Uncle S., I'd love to get hear it.

It's been several years since my Dad passed. One of the many things I miss about having him around, was his business and tax advice. I remember him telling me that one principle of tax law was that you should take advantage of every legal way to reduce the amount you paid. He'd say the laws were there to be taken advantage of. As long as one obeyed the law you can take that deduction, credit or shelter. He used to also say that the cost of living in a civilization was taxes, but that nobody should pay more than what they were legally required. What I find so distressing is that the system is now so complex and unfair, that I, with a graduate degree in state and local governmental finance, need a friggin accountant to ensure that I pay as little as possible, without violating the law. It is insane. And I don't like high local property taxes much either. Especially high school district property taxes in upstate New York state make me nuts. But that is a whole other discussion...!

NFL Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Great news on all fronts, Mike. Good to know you're keeping the Black Beast and that other issues are getting better. Hope to see you in Colorado. It'll be here sooner than later.............my RDL and the TBR's are like a good bottle of Caymus....they get better with more time and miles

The Crow
    I'm keeping it, for now, because like Sy Syms used to say "An educated consumer is our best customer." When you have in the ad that there is absolutely no wiggle room on the price and countless people email you with "Are you flexible on the price" you throw up your hands and shake your head. Anyway, even though I have very limited time on it they are a great time indeed. I'd love to make Colorado and I'll bring my ID just so you know it's me.