NFL sucks! - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL sucks!

Export the stupid people please!

Guess this is why I like motorcyclist so much - we GET IT! The American flag, how many YOUNG & BRAVE AMERICANS have fought for this country, so that these players cany can play football and have the huge contracts they have. How many of these people lost their lives, their family who went through the rest of their lives without those who lost their lives WAY too early.

I think the education system needs to be entirely overhauled, INCLUDING the colleges and universities. What do they teach these young'uns today? Well, America is bad...the worst country in the world because these pigs developed industry, technology, and medical advancements. How? Stealing from the rest of the world???? How freaking stupid is that, but that is what they teach. Well, forget the good stuff of developing society and everything else, we are all just pigs that ruined every decent country in the world?

WHACKED out I say

I think if you hate this country so bad, and think it isn't fair and is full of hard working people who just exploit the weak...please just leave the country and see how great the rest of the world is! Go live there and be an idiot but get out of the way of people who freaking get up and know how to get it done!

Where was all this patriotic outrage when Trump was questioning John McCain's heroism for surviving a P.O.W. camp?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Where was all this patriotic outrage when Trump was questioning John McCain's heroism for surviving a P.O.W. camp?

Jason
    You mean Songbird's heroism ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    You old you

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    It takes about as much character to say that over the internet as it does to take 5 deferments and demean an American soldier.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    You old you
    I am in good company.

As a retired 25 year Army Vet, I am torn on this issue. Personally, I find their actions appalling. At the same time, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution - including their First Amendment right to do this very thing. So....part of me is proud that we live in a country where people have the right to do this, but disappointed they choose to do so.

Their issue probably has merit, but it is getting lost on how they are addressing it. There is no dialogue on why they are protesting, only on how they are protesting. Kind of self-defeating.

Unless you've served (except for patriotic folks like that are here on this board), it is hard to imagine what the flag and the anthem means to a Soldier. We salute it at the start of the day when it is raised, and salute it at the end of the day when it is lowered. That flag has covered the coffins of our brothers in arms. Many say it is just a piece of cloth - but to a veteran it so much more.

I cannot control the actions of others - but I am in complete charge of my own. Therefore, I am choosing to boycott NFL games - there are plenty of collage games to feed my interest. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Man View Post
    As a retired 25 year Army Vet, I am torn on this issue. Personally, I find their actions appalling. At the same time, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution - including their First Amendment right to do this very thing. So....part of me is proud that we live in a country where people have the right to do this, but disappointed they choose to do so.

Their issue probably has merit, but it is getting lost on how they are addressing it. There is no dialogue on why they are protesting, only on how they are protesting. Kind of self-defeating.

Unless you've served (except for patriotic folks like that are here on this board), it is hard to imagine what the flag and the anthem means to a Soldier. We salute it at the start of the day when it is raised, and salute it at the end of the day when it is lowered. That flag has covered the coffins of our brothers in arms. Many say it is just a piece of cloth - but to a veteran it so much more.

I cannot control the actions of others - but I am in complete charge of my own. Therefore, I am choosing to boycott NFL games - there are plenty of collage games to feed my interest. YMMV.
    +1 from a U.S. Army 9th Infantry Division 5th Battalion, 60th Infantry. June. 1968 – Oct. 1970, MOS 11 Bravo.....a surviver!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

The issue is pretty cut and dried for me. The overpaid employees are on company time and the taxpayer's and fan's dime. The NFL has a code of conduct specified for the National Anthem that they are violating. They can protest on their own time or the fans can pull their funding and show them how much their tantrums matter at the unemployment lines. The forced taxpayer funding should also be pulled. This is a private industry that should sink or swim on its own merit. The news reported that the average NFL salary was $2.44 MILLION/year. They have absolutely nothing to whine about.

No fan of overpaid spoiled brats but still I also hate how the NFL has added all the false paid patriotism to the game. Do you know that teams actually charge the services honor guards who appear at games? And the services justify paying for recruiting purposes? It's pathetic.All around corrupt.