NFL sucks! - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Gentlemen,

A celebrity dwells amongst us, too bad Hollywood Squares is off the air I'd give anything to say "Give me BIGLRY to block."
    Loved that show and grew up loving her.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Late to this dance, but Big Larry! That's the coolest bit I've seen in a long time. We all feel like we now know a celebrity! You're an awesome guy, here and for real!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

OK I hear and understand most of the above a a counterpoint please.
    The NFL players kneeling was NOT about disrespecting the Flag or the anthem ! Trump changed the point of the display. They did not ceremoniously Burn the flag or turn there backs or make any drastic display. The point and the WHOLE point was and is the way Police are killing and disrespecting Black Americans -for no reason. Children being shot dead with no question or hesitation playing in the park. Family men being killed in front of their families with no question or reason. A black man being choked to death for selling loose cigarettes with his last words being'I cant breathe'. A young black woman on her way to a new job,pulled over for a traffic stop dies in her jail cell overnight. Travon Martin stalked and shot dead for no reason at all and all the people that did this are FREE ! A guy gets pulled over ,asked for his ID even though he was not the driver and is shot dead in front of his Wife/girlfreind and their child for reaching for it. Guy pulls into a service station demands the kids turn their music down, they tell him to piss off and he kills one of them.(He did go to jail though)
    Gentlemen, thats what this is about.There are more but the point is made hopefully . That was Colin's stated reason,but it kept(keeps) happening ! Law abiding citizens ! We can march and protest but that is met by military armed police and National guard and doesnt end well typically.
    We needed to draw attention in a peaceful manner and I respect that method. It got everybodys attention but then the reason was obscured under this 'patriotism' facade.
    I am one of 5 american men that dont watch football-I go riding,or do something else.I dont care and have always considered that this person is paid how much to play a frickin' game !?? However enough people do and were shocked at the display but dont change the point to have a vehement debate.It wasn't/isnt about that. IF you want to have a debate let's keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Man View Post
    As a retired 25 year Army Vet, I am torn on this issue. Personally, I find their actions appalling. At the same time, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution - including their First Amendment right to do this very thing. So....part of me is proud that we live in a country where people have the right to do this, but disappointed they choose to do so.

Their issue probably has merit, but it is getting lost on how they are addressing it. There is no dialogue on why they are protesting, only on how they are protesting. Kind of self-defeating.

Unless you've served (except for patriotic folks like that are here on this board), it is hard to imagine what the flag and the anthem means to a Soldier. We salute it at the start of the day when it is raised, and salute it at the end of the day when it is lowered. That flag has covered the coffins of our brothers in arms. Many say it is just a piece of cloth - but to a veteran it so much more.

I cannot control the actions of others - but I am in complete charge of my own. Therefore, I am choosing to boycott NFL games - there are plenty of collage games to feed my interest. YMMV.
    Yes, they DO have the right to protest, but I also have the right to object and boycott their sorry, over paid asses.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    OK I hear and understand most of the above a a counterpoint please.
    The NFL players kneeling was NOT about disrespecting the Flag or the anthem ! Trump changed the point of the display. They did not ceremoniously Burn the flag or turn there backs or make any drastic display. The point and the WHOLE point was and is the way Police are killing and disrespecting Black Americans -for no reason. Children being shot dead with no question or hesitation playing in the park. Family men being killed in front of their families with no question or reason. A black man being choked to death for selling loose cigarettes with his last words being'I cant breathe'. A young black woman on her way to a new job,pulled over for a traffic stop dies in her jail cell overnight. Travon Martin stalked and shot dead for no reason at all and all the people that did this are FREE ! A guy gets pulled over ,asked for his ID even though he was not the driver and is shot dead in front of his Wife/girlfreind and their child for reaching for it. Guy pulls into a service station demands the kids turn their music down, they tell him to piss off and he kills one of them.(He did go to jail though)
    Gentlemen, thats what this is about.There are more but the point is made hopefully . That was Colin's stated reason,but it kept(keeps) happening ! Law abiding citizens ! We can march and protest but that is met by military armed police and National guard and doesnt end well typically.
    We needed to draw attention in a peaceful manner and I respect that method. It got everybodys attention but then the reason was obscured under this 'patriotism' facade.
    I am one of 5 american men that dont watch football-I go riding,or do something else.I dont care and have always considered that this person is paid how much to play a frickin' game !?? However enough people do and were shocked at the display but dont change the point to have a vehement debate.It wasn't/isnt about that. IF you want to have a debate let's keep it real.
    “Travon Martin stalked and shot dead for no reason at all”. You just lost all credibility.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Grendl, with all due respect:
    Hundreds of young black men are murdered by other young black men for every one that is killed by the police. And those young black men are murdered outright, not while struggling with a police officer and trying to take his firearm.
    I find it totally bogus that these players are trying to draw attention to a small number of police shootings (many of which are fully justified) and make no attempt to draw attention to the murders commited by other young blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Grendl, with all due respect:
    Hundreds of young black men are murdered by other young black men for every one that is killed by the police. And those young black men are murdered outright, not while struggling with a police officer and trying to take his firearm.
    I find it totally bogus that these players are trying to draw attention to a small number of police shootings (many of which are fully justified) and make no attempt to draw attention to the murders commited by other young blacks.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    “Travon Martin stalked and shot dead for no reason at all”. You just lost all credibility.

Thanks David...you beat me to the punch

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    +1
    Totally correct,David and that fact grieves me . Growing up where I did I have lost friends to that insanity - people I grew up with from childhood. I took classes and used my on experience to try to comprehend why that happens.I think I got it but I still struggle with why we wont stop it,staying in a situation that promotes it.It's not enough for me to say "I got out" when I have to look back and see it more prevalent now than it was when I was a 'kid' Toward that end whenever I can have the opportunity I pull these youngsters aside and if I can get a conversation I try to give the fruit of my experience to them. I am in a position where I can hire people and although I have to respect the law I do try to attempt to give opportunity for a decent job and income to get people off the streets and that culture.I have many stories about that and would be it's own post that I am not willing to start.Understand that I do not and cannot hire every black person that applies-that approach is wrong on a few levels.
    I want to be clear - I do the same for any person that comes in,presents themselves properly and shows that they want a better life
    That said it becomes more greivious to see innocent people (regardless of race) treated like that. Which brings me back to the point of this discussion.
    The point of kneeling is to bring attention to when this happens. Thats it.The terrible fact of how many of each other WE kill does not excuse innocent people being shot at will for no reason.I am not trying t disparage all police.I also have friends and acquaintances that are police.In my youth I applied and was accepted to become a cop but by the time they called I had a better paying job which led me to where I am now.
    On the Travon issue what I have read was the kid went to a 7/11 was followed by a neighborhood watch guy with a gun who accosted him then attacked him,lost the fight and then shot him. Travon wasnt selling drugs,had nothing on him and had no criminal history.
    Guys,I walk my neighborhood,wear a hoodie(I shave my head and it's cold) and yes if anyone jumped out at me would be met with swift and devastating resistance.(I dont want to carry and shouldn't have to just to grab a gallon of milk from a 7/11 a half mile away.)
    If my facts are incorrect on this feel free to correct me.
    David I get your point. A couple of years ago there was a little girl who was selling chocolate for her school.Two "gangsters" came up on her claimed she wasnt supposed to sell anything on 'their' corner which they will never own and shot her. A little girl selling chocolate for a school outing.
    That still tears me up inside....but thats another subject.

In my opinion the point is freedom. If an individual is not happy residing in America they are free to leave.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!