NFL sucks! - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NFL sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    In my opinion the point is freedom. If an individual is not happy residing in America they are free to leave.
    100% correct my friend...No country in the world is without issues...Move somewhere else if your not happy here and don't shove your "BS" little boy issues down my throat!!!...JMHO

To the NFL players who took a knee during the playing of the National Anthem.

So, you want to take a knee?

Take a trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle. Wait your turn while listening to the screams of pain from the wounded.
    Then take a knee.

Go to Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, dodging dead bodies and withering machine gun fire,...the very sea stained with American blood. Imagine that your fellow players are your dead brothers in arms.
    Then take a knee.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. Over 60,000 Americans died in those jungles.There was no playbook or million dollar contracts for doing your job, but they understood what our flag represented. When they came home, they were protested by their fellow Americans.
    Then take a knee while they spit on you..

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Trade in your pads for a Kevlar helmet and battle dress...You'll have to stay hydrated, but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. And watch out for those IEDs when you take a knee.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your protest, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled it defending your liberty.

So while you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on manicured fields striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of game yardage...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women on the land, air, and sea, delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us..so you would have the opportunity to dishonor their service by "taking a knee."

You have no clue what it took to get you where you are...but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation, it points to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your stats and game jersey are forgotten...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for both of our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all....because He is the one who provides those things.

But no protesting allowed. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Just to clarify, the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights protects American citizens against the government prohibiting their free expression. It has absolutely nothing to do with a spoiled, mediocre, America hating employee of a private organization, the NFL, and his America hating asswipe buddies, disrupting, at his workplace, the one minute and 37 seconds when all Americans, from whatever and wherever, come together to pay tribute to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. And enjoy this gift of American Freedom paid for by the blood of the brave. It shows total and complete ignorance and disrespect for everything that is sacred to America and Americans.

If you are so wrapped up in yourself and your race, creed or color is more important than rising to the common unity of being a participant in this, the greatest experiment of human freedom, then get the fuck out. The boat is waiting for you at the the dock, the plane is on the tarmac, hurry and make room so one who appreciates freedom and is willing to join in and work hard, persevere and succeed can come here and be an American. I am not an Italian American, just an American, and if Italy slid off into the ocean today I would go home, eat a full meal and get a good night's sleep. What should happen at this private place of business is if ANYONE either takes a knee or doesn't hold their hand on their heart or salute you are not only out of the game but you are not paid for that game, do it 3X and you're off the team.

Instead of taking a knee when you're worried about people being shot, on your own time and with your own money, teach people to shut their mouths when pulled over by cops and follow their instructions. I have access to court proceedings and transcripts so if you disagree please give me the case you are citing where someone was pulled over and shot while cooperating with law enforcement.

And being this era of Trump, where the common folk are heard, I would put it on them that until every one of those American hating slime that took a knee publicly apologizes to their fellow Americans for disrespecting the flag and the anthem the stadiums will remain empty. I can dream can't I.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Just to clarify, the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights protects American citizens against the government prohibiting their free expression. It has absolutely nothing to do with a spoiled, mediocre, America hating employee of a private organization, the NFL, and his America hating asswipe buddies, disrupting, at his workplace, the one minute and 37 seconds when all Americans, from whatever and wherever, come together to pay tribute to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. And enjoy this gift of American Freedom paid for by the blood of the brave. It shows total and complete ignorance and disrespect for everything that is sacred to America and Americans.

If you are so wrapped up in yourself and your race, creed or color is more important than rising to the common unity of being a participant in this, the greatest experiment of human freedom, then get the fuck out. The boat is waiting for you at the the dock, the plane is on the tarmac, hurry and make room so one who appreciates freedom and is willing to join in and work hard, persevere and succeed can come here and be an American. I am not an Italian American, just an American, and if Italy slid off into the ocean today I would go home, eat a full meal and get a good night's sleep. What should happen at this private place of business is if ANYONE either takes a knee or doesn't hold their hand on their heart or salute you are not only out of the game but you are not paid for that game, do it 3X and you're off the team.

Instead of taking a knee when you're worried about people being shot, on your own time and with your own money, teach people to shut their mouths when pulled over by cops and follow their instructions. I have access to court proceedings and transcripts so if you disagree please give me the case you are citing where someone was pulled over and shot while cooperating with law enforcement.

And being this era of Trump, where the common folk are heard, I would put it on them that until every one of those American hating slime that took a knee publicly apologizes to their fellow Americans for disrespecting the flag and the anthem the stadiums will remain empty. I can dream can't I.

And whether you like this version or not say what you want but a real man, not a spoiled asswipe, who achieved a certain amount of fame and served his country, while probably experiencing true racism, didn't use it as a crutch or an excuse. He gave honor to the anthem and therefore the flag, in HIS own way, and gave it as a gift to the people at Woodstock and therefore the world. Humble and with a true sense of what he thought was a display of American Pride, that is how a grown up professional operates Mr. Kapernick or whatever your name is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ZYUaRKQkk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vgyGJl_xm6o
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Totally correct,David and that fact grieves me . Growing up where I did I have lost friends to that insanity - people I grew up with from childhood. I took classes and used my on experience to try to comprehend why that happens.I think I got it but I still struggle with why we wont stop it,staying in a situation that promotes it.It's not enough for me to say "I got out" when I have to look back and see it more prevalent now than it was when I was a 'kid' Toward that end whenever I can have the opportunity I pull these youngsters aside and if I can get a conversation I try to give the fruit of my experience to them. I am in a position where I can hire people and although I have to respect the law I do try to attempt to give opportunity for a decent job and income to get people off the streets and that culture.I have many stories about that and would be it's own post that I am not willing to start.Understand that I do not and cannot hire every black person that applies-that approach is wrong on a few levels.
    I want to be clear - I do the same for any person that comes in,presents themselves properly and shows that they want a better life
    That said it becomes more greivious to see innocent people (regardless of race) treated like that. Which brings me back to the point of this discussion.
    The point of kneeling is to bring attention to when this happens. Thats it.The terrible fact of how many of each other WE kill does not excuse innocent people being shot at will for no reason.I am not trying t disparage all police.I also have friends and acquaintances that are police.In my youth I applied and was accepted to become a cop but by the time they called I had a better paying job which led me to where I am now.
    On the Travon issue what I have read was the kid went to a 7/11 was followed by a neighborhood watch guy with a gun who accosted him then attacked him,lost the fight and then shot him. Travon wasnt selling drugs,had nothing on him and had no criminal history.
    Guys,I walk my neighborhood,wear a hoodie(I shave my head and it's cold) and yes if anyone jumped out at me would be met with swift and devastating resistance.(I dont want to carry and shouldn't have to just to grab a gallon of milk from a 7/11 a half mile away.)
    If my facts are incorrect on this feel free to correct me.
    David I get your point. A couple of years ago there was a little girl who was selling chocolate for her school.Two "gangsters" came up on her claimed she wasnt supposed to sell anything on 'their' corner which they will never own and shot her. A little girl selling chocolate for a school outing.
    That still tears me up inside....but thats another subject.
    It seems pretty straightforward to me, grendl, and I appreciate your moderated tone on the matter(s).

Jason

taking a knee

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    Just thinking how the spoiled brat football players sent their no respect to the flag and anthem..Here is your sign ! Boycott and would like to see that league out of business..Unbelievable no meaning or respect to the United States of America and the price paid by many ..Trump should not get involved with these loses but it isn't about him.God Bless America and all that served to protect this country and that flag.. And one more thing what a man on the Steelers team that stood and honored the flag and anthem while his gutless teammates didnt
    I kneel before God and I can kneel before a flag - I served 21 years and retired as a CWO3 EOD Officer. I say if they want to kneel that's their right.

Imagine - If Mr. Trump would have been clever he would have kept his mouth shut, then marched out on the field at the next NFL game, taken the microphone and knelt beside the players put his hand over his heart and said a prayer before or after the anthem asking all people to end the unnecessary violence we are experiencing, and make America SAFE AGAIN.

It's whatever you want to assign (with your thoughts) to a thing or action. Be smarter than those that get sucked into the rhetoric of political hate mongering.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    To the NFL players who took a knee during the playing of the National Anthem.

So, you want to take a knee?

Take a trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle. Wait your turn while listening to the screams of pain from the wounded.
    Then take a knee.

Go to Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, dodging dead bodies and withering machine gun fire,...the very sea stained with American blood. Imagine that your fellow players are your dead brothers in arms.
    Then take a knee.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. Over 60,000 Americans died in those jungles.There was no playbook or million dollar contracts for doing your job, but they understood what our flag represented. When they came home, they were protested by their fellow Americans.
    Then take a knee while they spit on you..

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Trade in your pads for a Kevlar helmet and battle dress...You'll have to stay hydrated, but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. And watch out for those IEDs when you take a knee.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your protest, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled it defending your liberty.

So while you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on manicured fields striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of game yardage...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women on the land, air, and sea, delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us..so you would have the opportunity to dishonor their service by "taking a knee."

You have no clue what it took to get you where you are...but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation, it points to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your stats and game jersey are forgotten...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for both of our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all....because He is the one who provides those things.

But no protesting allowed. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    Well written DavidK - but I think there is a way to do both - see my post.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Players have right to protest.... Fans have the right to object

But do players have the right to protest at NFL sanctioned events, including games? That is a purely legal question governed by the players' contracts and union agreements. The league PROBABLY DOES have the right to prohibit some, or all, players from exercising their constitutional right of first amendment expression at an NFL event. The NFL is not a governmental entity.

Now should the NFL go after the players? My personal opinion on this is that they should let the players do what they want, as long as their actions don't disrupt events. The players will either make their point and people will come to agree with them, or they won't.

What is also important is how the fan base reacts. Those who object to the player's protests SHOULD voice those objections, but they shouldn't try to bring down the league thru boycotts, as long as the players show up, play as hard as they can, and don't disrupt the game.

In my book people are getting far too worked up over what the players are doing. The players actions reflect what they have seen themselves. Even myself, a white, fairly wealthy man, has seen and heard far too many white people openly discriminate. I live in Northern VA, supposedly the liberal part of the state. I've listened to cops saying that they pull over blacks just because they are driving expensive cars, checking out black kids walking in supposedly white neighborhoods, who turned out to live there. I've got a black neighbor in the Air Force, married to a white women who was also in the Air Force. The stories they tell us are sick. Recent stories.

My opinion is that these things are still happening in 2017. And it needs to stop.

Free to leave??

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    In my opinion the point is freedom. If an individual is not happy residing in America they are free to leave.
    Good god man, I thought that sort of attitude went out in 1965.

Are you seriously happy with everything our government does? I could have said the same thing back in 2011 when the Repbulicons were all about taking down Obama. If you were so unhappy with how America voted in 2008 and 12, then you too were free to leave.

What a moronic thing to say.