pics of baker built hand shields? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pics of baker built hand shields?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    ...that I have felt a couple of times (most recently yesterday afternoon), is that they will surprise you with adverse bike movement if one of them "folds up" due to the fastening stem nut becoming loose over time.

At speed yesterday; I had my Baker Wings deployed in the open position; I was doing about 80mph and began a lane change when the right Baker Wing suddenly flipped itself backwards (instead of the normal closed position). I felt it first before I saw the Baker Wing's changed position... my bike tried to fight my planned movement to the left due to the changed slipstream on the right side of my fairing.

I had firm grip of my handlebars so I was able to counter the unplanned movement to the right as I was trying to complete my planned movement to the left. This is proof that those Baker Hand Wings really control a lot of air at speed. Check and tighten those fastening stem nuts occasionally.
    Moral of the story: Make sure your nuts are tight during aggressive slipstreaming changes.

I didn't like how tight the nuts had to be to hold the wings in place (while open). So I eventually broke down and installed the "stops". So, I have basically two positions, open and closed.

The good side to this is that they are easy enough to adjust and the nuts don't loosen. The bad side is those nasty sharp "stops" have probably left their mark..
    Albuquerque, NM