Cannot play music recorded on USB Flash Drive
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot play music recorded on USB Flash Drive

Cannot play music recorded on USB Flash Drive

Cannot get audio form USB connection located in left saddlebag. Followed all manual instructions. USB works fine in other vehicles, computers. Any suggestions. 2016 F6B

seagravesg

From a quick search in the search bar above, I found that you should make sure the stick is formatted for FAT32 file system and not NTFS.

Should be able to right click on the drive from my computer and select properties, and it will show you which one the stick was formatted for. If its NTFS, then reformat the stick using FAT32, and add your music back on.

What make/size are you using? There are some makes it doesn't like. I think SANDisk works well. Also, needs to be formatted FAT32 and not NTFS or exFAT. Check this thread out: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...B-memory-stick

And ensure that there are no files on the USB other than the MP3 music files. No .jpg, etc. I know from experience. Just MP3 files and it should work fine. And remember to push the AUX button twice to get to the USB. One click gets input from the aux plug in the left fairing pocket.

another thing that causes this is using different formats.
    Use only one file format.

to trouble shoot, try the USB drive with only one file, then 2 files, then one album, and keep progressing until you find the problem.

In my case, once files were changed to MP3, my thumb drive had too much memory. I had to use a 16, down from a 128. Less was better in this case.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Ok I was having the same issue with a 2016, so thanks for the info and I will be trying it later today. Have an IPod in there working fine at the moment.

Has anyone found a limit for number of files on a drive? Meaning can I fill a 64Gb with MP3s or will the system choke out?
    Hoff aka Brian
    2016 F6B Deluxe in Matte White

There is a limit of files per folder. I don't have my manual in front of me, but I believe it's 99.

There's a bit in the manual that explains the settings for the RND button/function. Random play through the selected folder, random play through the drive, etc...

MP3 Won't Play

I had a similar problem with my wifes Cadillac CTS. I found out some music services (Amazon is one) now download you music using a variable bit rate. Everything played fine in my F-150 but not the Cadillac. I had to go back and change the variable bit rate to a fixed bit rate and then they played fine. i used Audacity to make this conversion.