Uff... so unmotivated today!
2014 Super Brace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Uff... so unmotivated today!

  1. #1
    Senior Member willtill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,877

    Uff... so unmotivated today!

    I had planned to change my oil/filter, drain my coolant, flush and bleed my clutch fluid today. Have everything I need on hand... and I just became "unmotivated"

    Planning on pulling off the lower cowl just to get to everything under there a lot easier... and that lower cowl can be a bitch to reinstall. So want to do the aforementioned all at once.

    But.. It's such a nice day outside... all I want to do is ride

    Only 15K on the bike at this point... maybe I'll delay until 16K and then do the spark plugs as well. Do everything in one shot... if I can get re-motivated

    Somebody help me.... To ride... or do maintenance all day?
    21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

    H.L. Mencken

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis mn
    Posts
    35
    Get out and ride! Now!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Commerce Twp.MI USA
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had planned to change my oil/filter, drain my coolant, flush and bleed my clutch fluid today. Have everything I need on hand... and I just became "unmotivated"

    Planning on pulling off the lower cowl just to get to everything under there a lot easier... and that lower cowl can be a bitch to reinstall. So want to do the aforementioned all at once.

    But.. It's such a nice day outside... all I want to do is ride

    Only 15K on the bike at this point... maybe I'll delay until 16K and then do the spark plugs as well. Do everything in one shot... if I can get re-motivated

    Somebody help me.... To ride... or do maintenance all day?
    If the weather is decent Ride!!!...You can always do the maint. later when you have worse weather.....Ride safe

  4. #4
    Senior Member 2wheelsforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, Florida
    Posts
    585
    Go ride, many would say (myself included) the some of the things you are talking about doing would qualify as over maintenance at 15K.

  5. #5
    Member Rickc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cicero,IN
    Posts
    41
    Ride !!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Walcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    449
    Go ride. You can always be a grease monkey at 3am when you can't sleep..............

  7. #7
    Senior Member VStarRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Penfield, NY
    Posts
    527
    Go ride, another 100-200 miles won't hurt anything...its a machine, it doesn't monitor the odometer and then put hands on its hips like a spouse...

    If it makes you feel better, it is a gorgeous, blue sky/puffy cumulus cloud day here in the mid 50s...and I have six FC of wood to stack...and I am about to turn on episode one of The Vietnam War...wood can wait, so can the drip edge installation on the veranda!!!

    I'll take a ride tomorrow.
    Current ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; purchased 10/8/15
    Current mileage: 16,100
    Additions:
    *Madstad; glovebox key knob; Tridium LED fog lights; foot wind deflectors; Ram mount; 12V fairing pocket
    2018 Miles:
    17 as of 2/2

  8. #8
    Senior Member shortleg0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    fredrick. maryland
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had planned to change my oil/filter, drain my coolant, flush and bleed my clutch fluid today. Have everything I need on hand... and I just became "unmotivated"

    Planning on pulling off the lower cowl just to get to everything under there a lot easier... and that lower cowl can be a bitch to reinstall. So want to do the aforementioned all at once.

    But.. It's such a nice day outside... all I want to do is ride

    Only 15K on the bike at this point... maybe I'll delay until 16K and then do the spark plugs as well. Do everything in one shot... if I can get re-motivated

    Somebody help me.... To ride... or do maintenance all day?
    You could put the stuff in your saddle bag and ride over here and we could do ours together if you want.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Airborne06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Go ride, another 100-200 miles won't hurt anything...its a machine, it doesn't monitor the odometer and then put hands on its hips like a spouse...

    If it makes you feel better, it is a gorgeous, blue sky/puffy cumulus cloud day here in the mid 50s...and I have six FC of wood to stack...and I am about to turn on episode one of The Vietnam War...wood can wait, so can the drip edge installation on the veranda!!!

    I'll take a ride tomorrow.

    I recorded The Vietnam War series and decided to watch one episode. Big mistake. I ended up watching 6 hours, and I am not even halfway through! Better get some riding in!
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

  10. #10
    Moderator 53driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Milton, FL
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I recorded The Vietnam War series and decided to watch one episode. Big mistake. I ended up watching 6 hours, and I am not even halfway through! Better get some riding in!
    My wife is watching that.
    Looks informative and I hope it is as truthful about everything as possible.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 CBR1800RRF6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special


    "Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •