Uff... so unmotivated today!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uff... so unmotivated today!

Uff... so unmotivated today!

I had planned to change my oil/filter, drain my coolant, flush and bleed my clutch fluid today. Have everything I need on hand... and I just became "unmotivated"

Planning on pulling off the lower cowl just to get to everything under there a lot easier... and that lower cowl can be a bitch to reinstall. So want to do the aforementioned all at once.

But.. It's such a nice day outside... all I want to do is ride

Only 15K on the bike at this point... maybe I'll delay until 16K and then do the spark plugs as well. Do everything in one shot... if I can get re-motivated

Somebody help me.... To ride... or do maintenance all day?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Get out and ride! Now!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had planned to change my oil/filter, drain my coolant, flush and bleed my clutch fluid today. Have everything I need on hand... and I just became "unmotivated"

Planning on pulling off the lower cowl just to get to everything under there a lot easier... and that lower cowl can be a bitch to reinstall. So want to do the aforementioned all at once.

Only 15K on the bike at this point... maybe I'll delay until 16K and then do the spark plugs as well. Do everything in one shot... if I can get re-motivated

If the weather is decent Ride!!!...You can always do the maint. later when you have worse weather.....Ride safe

Go ride, many would say (myself included) the some of the things you are talking about doing would qualify as over maintenance at 15K.

Ride !!

Go ride. You can always be a grease monkey at 3am when you can't sleep..............

Go ride, another 100-200 miles won't hurt anything...its a machine, it doesn't monitor the odometer and then put hands on its hips like a spouse...

If it makes you feel better, it is a gorgeous, blue sky/puffy cumulus cloud day here in the mid 50s...and I have six FC of wood to stack...and I am about to turn on episode one of The Vietnam War...wood can wait, so can the drip edge installation on the veranda!!!

I'll take a ride tomorrow.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

You could put the stuff in your saddle bag and ride over here and we could do ours together if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Go ride, another 100-200 miles won't hurt anything...its a machine, it doesn't monitor the odometer and then put hands on its hips like a spouse...

If it makes you feel better, it is a gorgeous, blue sky/puffy cumulus cloud day here in the mid 50s...and I have six FC of wood to stack...and I am about to turn on episode one of The Vietnam War...wood can wait, so can the drip edge installation on the veranda!!!

I'll take a ride tomorrow.

I recorded The Vietnam War series and decided to watch one episode. Big mistake. I ended up watching 6 hours, and I am not even halfway through! Better get some riding in!
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I recorded The Vietnam War series and decided to watch one episode. Big mistake. I ended up watching 6 hours, and I am not even halfway through! Better get some riding in!
    My wife is watching that.
    Looks informative and I hope it is as truthful about everything as possible.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce