2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions

Thread: 2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The 2004 and 2005 Honda Rune had 6 individual throttle bodies feeding this same GL1800 engine. It's been done
    Yes, the Rune was quicker and had more torque off the line, however at the end of a 1/2 mile race between a VTX1800, a Goldwing GL1800 and a Honda Rune ... ALL 3 bikes were within 2-4 feet of each other at the finish line. Both the VTX and the Goldwing caught up to the Rune.
    I had one of my Runes on a DYNO and it had reached 142mph.
    As I understand it, there is no throttle bodies on the new engine. It will be throttle by wire. We will learn soon.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Just posted a new avatar with Rune Speedo.

The bike had decelerated 2mph before the darn camera could take the photo.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

That review (besides the weight) was a little underwelming for 16 years of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    As I understand it, there is no throttle bodies on the new engine. It will be throttle by wire. We will learn soon.

It still needs throttle bodies. It just won’t have throttle cables most likely.

The speed limiter would be a deal breaker for me unless it can be disposed of with some sort of tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerkiller View Post
    The speed limiter would be a deal breaker for me unless it can be disposed of with some sort of tune.
    I know some like speed, but where in America can you ride at 100mph plus without breaking the law, putting yourself in danger and those around you...Maybe on the Salt flats or on some lonely back road in the West...Not for me, the thing is fast enough as it is.....Regards and ride safe....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I know some like speed, but where in America can you ride at 100mph plus without breaking the law, putting yourself in danger and those around you...Maybe on the Salt flats or on some lonely back road in the West...Not for me, the thing is fast enough as it is.....Regards and ride safe....

I take my chances and pay fines when necessary. Lots of lonely roads where I ride. Not defending anything. It just is what it is.