2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions

Each manufacturer that has a full dresser touring model seems to be marketing an accompanying bagger model with it...BMW, Yamaha, and Honda continuing what they started, and hopefully fixed, with their duo.

Every single person I have talked to, and admittedly this is not a large number, who has considered the F6B and went in another direction all have the same reason: no cruise (13-14) and no ABS.

Man, I hope Honda learned from these omissions....though, I notice there are surprising number of features missing from the Star Eluder that are on the TC Touring.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping for a 20% increase in power. Being lighter will help a bit.

It's nice that Standard or DCT may be available on both the F6B and the full Wing.

More info, more info! I'm not good at waiting ...
    Using the current 105 hp at the rear wheel and new curb weight being about 100 lbs lighter, that's roughly a 9% increase in power to weight ratio (on the full Wing).
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

The article really was just speculating on the engine performance. We should know the truth in a couple weeks. Other info from another site had claimed the new engines are fed by 6 independent electronic throttles instead of the 2 barrel throttlebody of today;s bike. Also the "secret test ride group" reported more power and torque. Said that any specific engine specs were being held secret. We may be in for a surprise. just saying. At least that's how I'm going to think about it until I learn differently.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Each manufacturer that has a full dresser touring model seems to be marketing an accompanying bagger model with it...BMW, Yamaha, and Honda continuing what they started, and hopefully fixed, with their duo.

Every single person I have talked to, and admittedly this is not a large number, who has considered the F6B and went in another direction all have the same reason: no cruise (13-14) and no ABS.

Man, I hope Honda learned from these omissions....though, I notice there are surprising number of features missing from the Star Eluder that are on the TC Touring.
    I agree 100%. I don't want a watered down F6B . I just don't want the trunk. To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed about the horse power and torque numbers and I don't like the speed governed at 112. I rarely go that fast, but it would be nice to have the option. I would hate to be beaten in a race by a two cylinder motorcycle.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The article really was just speculating on the engine performance. We should know the truth in a couple weeks. Other info from another site had claimed the new engines are fed by 6 independent electronic throttles instead of the 2 barrel throttlebody of today;s bike. Also the "secret test ride group" reported more power and torque. Said that any specific engine specs were being held secret. We may be in for a surprise. just saying. At least that's how I'm going to think about it until I learn differently.
    The 2004 and 2005 Honda Rune had 6 individual throttle bodies feeding this same GL1800 engine. It's been done
    Yes, the Rune was quicker and had more torque off the line, however at the end of a 1/2 mile race between a VTX1800, a Goldwing GL1800 and a Honda Rune ... ALL 3 bikes were within 2-4 feet of each other at the finish line. Both the VTX and the Goldwing caught up to the Rune.
    I had one of my Runes on a DYNO and it had reached 142mph.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The 2004 and 2005 Honda Rune had 6 individual throttle bodies feeding this same GL1800 engine. It's been done
    Yes, the Rune was quicker and had more torque off the line, however at the end of a 1/2 mile race between a VTX1800, a Goldwing GL1800 and a Honda Rune ... ALL 3 bikes were within 2-4 feet of each other at the finish line. Both the VTX and the Goldwing caught up to the Rune.
    I had one of my Runes on a DYNO and it had reached 142mph.
    As I understand it, there is no throttle bodies on the new engine. It will be throttle by wire. We will learn soon.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Just posted a new avatar with Rune Speedo.

The bike had decelerated 2mph before the darn camera could take the photo.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

That review (besides the weight) was a little underwelming for 16 years of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    As I understand it, there is no throttle bodies on the new engine. It will be throttle by wire. We will learn soon.

It still needs throttle bodies. It just won’t have throttle cables most likely.

The speed limiter would be a deal breaker for me unless it can be disposed of with some sort of tune.