2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Deerkiller View Post
    The speed limiter would be a deal breaker for me unless it can be disposed of with some sort of tune.
    I know some like speed, but where in America can you ride at 100mph plus without breaking the law, putting yourself in danger and those around you...Maybe on the Salt flats or on some lonely back road in the West...Not for me, the thing is fast enough as it is.....Regards and ride safe....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I know some like speed, but where in America can you ride at 100mph plus without breaking the law, putting yourself in danger and those around you...Maybe on the Salt flats or on some lonely back road in the West...Not for me, the thing is fast enough as it is.....Regards and ride safe....

I take my chances and pay fines when necessary. Lots of lonely roads where I ride. Not defending anything. It just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The 2004 and 2005 Honda Rune had 6 individual throttle bodies feeding this same GL1800 engine. It's been done
    Yes, the Rune was quicker and had more torque off the line, however at the end of a 1/2 mile race between a VTX1800, a Goldwing GL1800 and a Honda Rune ... ALL 3 bikes were within 2-4 feet of each other at the finish line. Both the VTX and the Goldwing caught up to the Rune.
    I had one of my Runes on a DYNO and it had reached 142mph.
    And to expand on that a bit the six separate throttle bodies on the Rune are 32 mm verses the GL1800/F6B twin throated throttle bodies of 40 mm and the VTX1800 uses a twin 42 mm throttle body. The Rune has a different cam than the GL1800, it is a torque cam and while the Rune will beat the GL1800 out of the hole, in the top end the GL1800 will get the to the speed limiter faster.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

Back to the removable trunk. The weight difference between the B and the Wing is only 40lbs now (used to be 80). With the looks of the seat, I am still hoping the trunk is removable.

Maybe there won't really be an F6B, just a trunkless Wing (with or without DCT)?

Anyone see any badging on the pics to show a difference from the F6B vs the Wing?
    According to the stats, the F6B is 10mm shorter than its big brother. That tells me it's two separate models. Too bad. I'd love a removable trunk.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    According to the stats, the F6B is 10mm shorter than its big brother. That tells me it's two separate models. Too bad. I'd love a removable trunk.
    I think that you meant 100mm. Isn't that because of no trunk hanging off the rear?

"while the F6B is down from 2605mm to 2475mm thanks to the lack of top-box."

I agree that there are probably two distinct models. But it could make sense to have one model and add or delete what you want. Come on Honda - think about it!!
    Albuquerque, NM

I would agree with you about one model. The issue to me would be the wiring that the trunk uses for the lighting, antenna, etc. and where that harness might go if you took the trunk off. Also, when I took off the front shroud for the MadStad, there's a fair amount of space under it that could be used for an electric windshield with quite a bit of extension. For the B, forget the stock 7 inch midget and put in a windshield that might go from 10 inches to 18 inches or so. Just thinkin' out loud. My main item would be reverse, since I'm most likely looking at a knee replacement down the road. Backing up, for me, is a challenge, if I've been stupid enough to not park it right way

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post

I would agree with you about one model. The issue to me would be the wiring that the trunk uses for the lighting, antenna, etc. and where that harness might go if you took the trunk off. Also, when I took off the front shroud for the MadStad, there's a fair amount of space under it that could be used for an electric windshield with quite a bit of extension. For the B, forget the stock 7 inch midget and put in a windshield that might go from 10 inches to 18 inches or so. Just thinkin' out loud. My main item would be reverse, since I'm most likely looking at a knee replacement down the road. Backing up, for me, is a challenge, if I've been stupid enough to not park it right way
    Looking at the rear of the F6b pic, behind the seat. It looks like there is a "cap" that could cover any connectors once the trunk is removed. If it was not covering something, it could have been flatter. Just being optimistic.

I read that the F6b model shield all the way down is 12" shorter than the Wing shield all the way up. Looking at the pictures and doing a little math, I am guessing that there is 4" of windshield adjustment (on both bikes) and that the F6b shield is 4" shorter than the Wing shield (did I do that right?).

Of course, all this is speculation, but fun!
    Albuquerque, NM

Looking at the rear of the F6b pic, behind the seat. It looks like there is a "cap" that could cover any connectors once the trunk is removed. If it was not covering something, it could have been flatter. Just being optimistic.

I read that the F6b model shield all the way down is 12" shorter than the Wing shield all the way up. Looking at the pictures and doing a little math, I am guessing that there is 4" of windshield adjustment (on both bikes) and that the F6b shield is 4" shorter than the Wing shield (did I do that right?).

100 mm, my bad.
    I agree with you. Honda would destroy the competition with a removable trunk...until Yamaha added a removable trunk AND removable side bags.

The one issue I've read about the new Yamaha Venture is that it bakes you while stopped. No thanks. Gets hot enough in summer where I live.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

I've commented before that with the limited angles provided in the "Sneaked Pics" that if you look at the seat area, it kind of looks like seats on both the new F6B and the Full dressed version are the same. Unlike the current F6B and Gold Wing. This leaves some room to speculate the possibility of a removable trunk. Yeah it might be wishful thinking, but if Honda has been listening.
    Notice the grab rails do not extend past the rear of the passenger seat and from the pics, it looks like the same seat.

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Despite excessive squinting at my screen, I cannot decipher whether or not there is an ABS ring on the front wheel of the new F6B.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6