Learned the Hard Way... How NOT to Park the F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Learned the Hard Way... How NOT to Park the F6B

Sorry for your experience. I had a similar event with my 2012 full Wing. Parked on my drive at a slight downward slope with engine running, kickstand down. Luckily, I was not near the motorcycle when it slowly inched forward and fell on its left side. I had gone back into my garage to retrieve something. I have never parked the F6B or my previous Wing in that slight slope situation again. Heal well and fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Man, that sucks. Glad you're not out of the game though.

Personally, I always park in N unless on a slope. It's a convenience thing, and yes, safety should be more the concern, but if you pay attention to your parking area, things generally turn out fine. But...sometimes bad things happen. So far I've been lucky. And unless absolutely necessary, I NEVER park facing downhill. That's just asking for an issue.

I don't know why Honda hasn't gone to the kickstand like HD uses. Once there is weight on it, it can't roll forward off it. Such a simple safety feature. Maybe they are afraid people will become "dependent" on it stop thinking before parking? IDK. That doesn't seem likely though since the car manufactures (Honda included) now make it easier to not pay attention to the roads with brake assist, and lane deviation avoidance and such.

Again, glad you'll heal up and be able to get back on the B.
    Hoff aka Brian
    2016 F6B Deluxe in Matte White

Seems like an easy enough fix, if Honda is aware of the problem. Thinking about it, all Honda would have to do is to embed a ball bearing so it drops into a detent when the side stand is fully extended. To engage and disengage, it really becomes a "kick stand" that you have to force back with a toe or heel, not a "nudge stand". Sounds like I am not the only one to have this beast decide to wonder off on its own!

For sure, if facing down hill, I will turn around because it has to be going up hill in the opposite direction!

Besides up and down hill, as tall as the side stand is, you got to make sure that the lateral slope is to the left, not the right. You got a real problem if when facing up hill the slope is to the right

Find a different spot to park!