What is the best heated jacket liner? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best heated jacket liner?

Even in Florida I imagine at 5:00am in January / February it may be a little cold.

My thoughts are why be cold ever. I have always carried in my bag and use the heated liner whenever I need it. Keeping warm keeps your mind sharper and you happier overall. This leads to a better riding experience.

Thank you for your help.

Hopefully after I clean the connections and use a little dielectric grease my Tourmaster will work correctly again.

Stevenolts

For the past two days I've been riding in 44 degree ambient temps @ 70-80mph for roughly one hour periods; with nothing more than a Olympia mesh jacket with liner

The F6B provides some good wind protection, I can attest to that.

Netherless I shall be breaking out my Gerbing gear once I see the temps dip below 40 degree's.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Get out there and surf son!!!

Stevenolts

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    For the past two days I've been riding in 44 degree ambient temps @ 70-80mph for roughly one hour periods; with nothing more than a Olympia mesh jacket with liner

The F6B provides some good wind protection, I can attest to that.

Netherless I shall be breaking out my Gerbing gear once I see the temps dip below 40 degree's.
    I generally work swings here in the NW. I finally had to put away my Draggin Shirt due to the cool rides home. Now its my leather with a sweatshirt underneath and soon enough my garbing gloves... or today wetsuit and snorkel...

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I generally work swings here in the NW. I finally had to put away my Draggin Shirt due to the cool rides home. Now its my leather with a sweatshirt underneath and soon enough my garbing gloves... or today wetsuit and snorkel...
    yeah... noting your use of "swings"... I'd like to apply that to temps this time of year...

Could be 38 degree's when you ride out in the morning here... then later it's 70 degree's (perfect) when your riding back home. Crazy temp changes for motorcycling but I do it.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Yep; went to work with frost and a heated jacket, came home with sun and a t shirt good riding though

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    yeah... noting your use of "swings"... I'd like to apply that to temps this time of year...

Could be 38 degree's when you ride out in the morning here... then later it's 70 degree's (perfect) when your riding back home. Crazy temp changes for motorcycling but I do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Yep; went to work with frost and a heated jacket, came home with sun and a t shirt good riding though
    Either of those would be nice, I head to work and it 60+ and come home in the thirties some nights...Could be a cold winter...I got spoiled with that winter in San Diego

Heated Jacket

Milwaukee Jacket usually used by the trades when working outside.
    Has a rechargeable battery that fits inside your jacket on your hip.
    Two of us have them and think they are the best thing ever for a rider in cooler climates says the F6B owner in Canada. There is two levels of heat and can last up to five hours.
    I didn’t want a cable attaching me to the bike. I give it two thumbs up!!

Quote Originally Posted by K/W Motoman View Post
    Milwaukee Jacket usually used by the trades when working outside.
    Has a rechargeable battery that fits inside your jacket on your hip.
    Two of us have them and think they are the best thing ever for a rider in cooler climates says the F6B owner in Canada. There is two levels of heat and can last up to five hours.
    I didn’t want a cable attaching me to the bike. I give it two thumbs up!!
    It doesn't seem that the Milwaukee Jacket offers heat in the sleeves though...?

Gerbing jacket liners do provide for that.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I'm on my second season with the hotwired gear from Cyclegear. I like it. Warms thoroughly, was about 400 for pants, jacket, gloves, and shoe soles. They say it comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty, which is why I bought it. 400 dollars for life? Seemed like a great investment to me and I'm still really enjoying it.

Jason