No 2018 F6B! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No 2018 F6B!

1. OP - you got me with the title of this thread.
    2. 111 mph limit - might be good for insurance premiums.
    3. Step through touring moped - equip it with ABS, cruise and a stereo and I am in!
    4. Whatever the new Wing looks like, get used to it...next redesign is due in 2033...I'll be 57 years old.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Ugly

Wow I don't like the looks of either of these pics...wing and wing tour?. Body doesn't flow imo. I'll be keeping my wing and b......I may miss new tech but I can live without it.
    1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    2004 Gl1800
    2013 f6b
    1994 harley softail

Quote Originally Posted by VaBob View Post
    Is it me, or do these models look like they stand taller and have more ground clearence?
    Not sure but that would be a big plus for me. I grind the piss outta mine.

Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    On the bright side, we'll be able to out run the new one if it's limited to 111 mph.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    Good point!
    I wonder, if the specs are correct, what the small chance these numbers are Europe specific? As stated the new bikes have to adhere to a new Euro4 or something emissions standards. What has been eluded to in previous leaks is that the Wings have full computer management of the engine performance. It's not hard to imagine that the specifications could be altered from one region to the next. These specs being listed from a UK source. Out side of that optimistic possibility, the plausibility of manipulation of engine performance to include speed limiters by outside sources could also be in play. Just a thought.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

All of the articles that reference the speed limiting have used km/h instead of mph and emphasized that the limiting is performed electronically i.e. it's programmed in and is not a mechanical limitation.

I wouldn't be surprised if this limit was strictly programmed into the European bikes just to meet some standards over there and a different ceiling gets set for the North American models.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I wonder, if the specs are correct, what the small chance these numbers are Europe specific? As stated the new bikes have to adhere to a new Euro4 or something emissions standards. What has been eluded to in previous leaks is that the Wings have full computer management of the engine performance. It's not hard to imagine that the specifications could be altered from one region to the next. These specs being listed from a UK source. Out side of that optimistic possibility, the plausibility of manipulation of engine performance to include speed limiters by outside sources could also be in play. Just a thought.
    Time will tell.

Hopefully it'll have an IMU with cornering ABS. But first I have to get past the big lipped smiley face in the front and the old boxy style saddle bags in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    It's all a huge ruse. October 24 will be the introduction of a new line of step-through touring mopeds.
    Don't scoff at the Honda Silverwings. I met a guy on BRP a couple of weeks who was riding one, and his buddies were giving him a hard time a little later in the week, when I ran onto him again, for trailing a bunch of crotch rockets, just north of the Dragon. They couldn't shake him, and were getting kinda mad...

This topic reminds me of when Ford changed the name of the Five Hundred sedan to Taurus. I loved the redesign of the Five Hundred that year (2010), but couldn't stand the idea of owning a "Taurus". The Five Hundred name was much preferred by me.

Same sort of thing going on here .. although I adore the new 2018 design, I'm not a fan of this small name change .. Personally, I would much prefer "F6B".

Even so, I did end up buying the Taurus, and God-willing .. I mean wife-willing .. I will be buying a new "Gold Wing" bagger too.