Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
Yeah I really hope that's not the case, what's the freaking point. I never understood all those people who cried a 6th gear, by making 5 a taller ratio you'd get the same final outcome.

The final ratio of the 7 Speed DCT and the new 6 Speed appear to be the same.
Hmmm. I wonder why they are keeping top gear rpms about the same....? Perhaps those revs match up to the engine's power band? Therefore, no need for a shift to pass? The Yamaha TC turns about those r's at 70 mph...but that's wide open for that thing

20% increase in mpg means that loafers like me should be getting near 50 mpg on the new model. I am leery of fuel mileage claims derived from "testing". They never seem to pan out. I remember Yamaha claiming that their performance four-stroke RX-1 snowmobile would deliver 25 mpg when it was released in 2003. I bought one, and never broke 20 mpg.

I am glad they kept the flat-6. If there's a theme on this and other GW forums, its that the six makes up for a lot of our old bikes' shortcomings, such as the stereo, ABS, cruise, etc. I know that motors are a significant factor in any motorcycle purchase decision, but this one especially. I know its what brought me to the Honda dealer from the Victory dealer.