New 2018 GOLDWING

Thread: New 2018 GOLDWING

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Here's a test ride on a track. The rider loves it. It sounds great.

https://youtu.be/nM7d7ux_6yE

Jason
    The older Goldwing in the video has a windshield wiper. I have never seen that before.

They talk about better wind protection from their new shield (which has been already accomplished by MadStad).

They talk about eliminating the nose dive (which has already been accomplished by Traxxion).

No discussion if they fixed the handlebar position (which has already been accomplished by adjustable risers).

4 hour trunk removal is a no-op. No running, brake, turn signals on trunk is another questionable choice.

If the 6th gear is not an overdrive, see no need for it, just extra work.

26% less storage capacity.

I was hoping for better fuel range and the appearance from the picts don't grab me, maybe seeing it in real life will be different.

I don't see much there that would tempt me to buy one over my currently modded F6B. May let others be the point men on discovering the potential new model gremlins (including the longevity of the sleeved cylinders).

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The older Goldwing in the video has a windshield wiper. I have never seen that before.
    Japanese Goldwing. I think the wiper is a JDOT requirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCc0sQ1ZjQw

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.