New 2018 GOLDWING
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2018 GOLDWING

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here’s the details w/price:
    Starting at $23,500 up to 25k for DCT F6B version.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...2018-Gold-Wing

Available February 2018

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

It's has aluminum cylinder sleeves

Anyone know what kind of life those have. Wasn't that what made the Chevy Vega a failure ??? Hopefully the technology today is different.

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post

Anyone know what kind of life those have. Wasn't that what made the Chevy Vega a failure ??? Hopefully the technology today is different.
    One would hope that since the Vega is 40+ years old there have been improvements to the tech

It's a little thing, but I like the Homelink garage door opener which is now a built in option

Vega

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post

i had a Chevy Vega - it was a LEMON....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i had a Chevy Vega - it was a LEMON....lol
    How many miles were on it when the engine when kaput ?

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    So, higher top gear, smaller bags, better gas mileage, more power, lighter bike, better looking seat, too many electronics - everything I could want. I'm thinking Tour model with trunk removal kit. Don't know about DCT vs manual.
    I don't believe the trunk has a "removal kit" but it is removable, and supposedly it takes some time to remove the trunk.
    I'm also unsure which trans I'm going to get being only the DCT Goldwing comes with walking/reverse mode which I would like to have. Another thing I've been thinking about is both the BMW1600B/Goldwing DCT are the same price, but the BMW has quite a few more features, +170HP.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleh View Post
    I don't believe the trunk has a "removal kit" but it is removable, and supposedly it takes some time to remove the trunk.
    I'm also unsure which trans I'm going to get being only the DCT Goldwing comes with walking/reverse mode which I would like to have. Another thing I've been thinking about is both the BMW1600B/Goldwing DCT are the same price, but the BMW has quite a few more features, +170HP.
    EDIT: I stand corrected. Their is an available trunk *removal kit*.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleh View Post
    the BMW has quite a few more features, +170HP.

Where are you coming up with 170 hp?...

160 hp

and more features? I pretty sure the new Gold Wings trump the BMW on features.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Where are you coming up with 170 hp?...

160 hp

and more features? I pretty sure the new Gold Wings trump the BMW on features.
    Excuse me for the typo, yes 160hp. Go to the BMW site and read the additional *Stock Features* as compared to the DCT GW. If you add the *Premium Package* (which includes the *Comfort Package* automatically) the total cost of the BMW is ($23,545.00). You tell me which has more features.

My '16 F6B just happens to be my first Honda after riding Harley's for the past 20yrs (still own an H-D) and I absolutely love the Honda and intend to purchase either the '18 GW or the BMW B, I was tossing all my options around for the best bang for my buck because both motorcycles are in direct competition and very close in price. I wouldn't assume one is "better" than the other (because I haven't ridden either) but rather they're side steps to each other and it would come down to a matter of personal preference.

This is the second time you've commented negatively about my posts...first when I said the weight decrease would compensate for the smaller capacity, and now this. If I'm wrong, or I've made a typo, please feel free to correct me, which I do appreciate when done with true intentions, but calling me out I don't appreciate. Please, do your homework before negatively quoting my posts, and please back off a bit because I feel your targeting me and I don't appreciate it. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to read/learn and interact with other members and their thoughts/opinions on the old/new GW's.

Thanks,
    Joe