New 2018 GOLDWING - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New 2018 GOLDWING

So, on the DCT models you still have to switch the gears somewhere from the left hand control? I'm asking this because I see a DCT foot shifter (599.95) offered under *Accessories* on the Powersport Honda site? I was under the impression there was no shifting involved at all. I figured you just twisted the throttle and she goes like an automatic trans in a car?

Also, on the DCT model Goldwing I see it comes with *walking/reverse* but the manual doesn't which make no sense too me. Anyway, I guess *walking* assists you while walking the bike forward?

I've already contacted my dealer where I purchased my '16 this past April and they'll be notifying me when it arrives so I could check it out. I must say that I'm intrigued, and will most probably jump on the Matte Majestic Silver!

This new bike looks great and I like that brown color a lot. But my 2016 B is paid off and I will be waiting a while longer before buying a new bike. At least that's what the Minister of Finance said to me!

Circle-5
    Does anybody know what that flat retractable thingy on top of the instrument cluster is or does?

Prefer my B

I prefer the look of my 15 F6. I'm glad of that since I don't fully own it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    Does anybody know what that flat retractable thingy on top of the instrument cluster is or does?
    The slotted thingy on the top edge ???

link to video

See if this link will work here..

https://powersports.honda.com/2018/gold-wing.aspx

It has a video that I could post just the video link

Speed limiter?

I've watched a few videos of the first test rides on the race track; no mention of the 180KPH speed limiter. I would have thought that would be apparent to the riders...

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    I'm guessing it's an air vent to help the 2 part windshield deflect the air.

Smaller tank and a higher seat. I'll key my F6B for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleh View Post
    So, on the DCT models you still have to switch the gears somewhere from the left hand control? I'm asking this because I see a DCT foot shifter (599.95) offered under *Accessories* on the Powersport Honda site? I was under the impression there was no shifting involved at all. I figured you just twisted the throttle and she goes like an automatic trans in a car?

Also, on the DCT model Goldwing I see it comes with *walking/reverse* but the manual doesn't which make no sense too me. Anyway, I guess *walking* assists you while walking the bike forward?

I've already contacted my dealer where I purchased my '16 this past April and they'll be notifying me when it arrives so I could check it out. I must say that I'm intrigued, and will most probably jump on the Matte Majestic Silver!
    No need to shift AT ALL on the DCT. HOWEVER, if you do desire to shift it anyway, there are small levers/buttons on the left grip that let you shift up/down as you want. And you can get a shift kit for your foot if you'd like to use that as well. But it is entirely optional! I have a CTX700 and many days cruising through LA I don't manually shift at all. Up in the mountains, however, I shift quite a bit to make sure I'm in the gear I want for the upcoming corner.