Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

26% less storage capacity

Looks like they shrunk the storage capacity by 26% over the current GL1800's.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Just get an eighteen year old blonde with really long legs and you're all set until 83.
    Only problem with that is a certain short legged brunette might not see the advantage.

I will be in for the Gold Wing Tour. I will have the best of 2 bikes in the garage. We only go this way once and must try to enjoy as much of it as we can. Actually my chief financial officer said I could. I rented a Gold Wing for a day in Vegas and she loved it so that was half the battle.
    just can't wait to see one in person

I don't know how soon, but I will , Lord willing, be buying one. It might not be until 2019 or even 20, but I am stoked. I can't see selling my F6B right now. Just have so many mods and accessories added with the suspension, full aftermarket audio system etc,.. I would never expect to recoup my money outside of just pure riding it. I just came back from another weekend in the Smokies and my F6B was riding on rails while I jammed at crazy sound levels. That DCT transmission and all the gadgetry has me very excited though.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Not me...
    I like it, but I actually like the larger fairing I have now over the new stream lined version.
    Also was surprised by the lack of rear lighting that comes stock on the tour model...would cost quite a bit to bring it up to my standards.
    So right off the bat, it would cost me an extra $1000 minimum just to add rear lights, backrest and a few other features that I consider a must have.
    My favorite feature of the new Wings is the front end upgrade, but overall I see no immediate need to trade in the F6B just yet.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    Not me...
    I like it, but I actually like the larger fairing I have now over the new stream lined version.
    Also was surprised by the lack of rear lighting that comes stock on the tour model...would cost quite a bit to bring it up to my standards.
    So right off the bat, it would cost me an extra $1000 minimum just to add rear lights, backrest and a few other features that I consider a must have.
    My favorite feature of the new Wings is the front end upgrade, but overall I see no immediate need to trade in the F6B just yet.

Keith
    Watch them add touring lights in subsequent models in following years. Honda did this with their Accord car model trunk lid lights.

They probably have a road map of staged roll out options planned to keep selling newer model years by adding the missing components/features.

On the bright side, look at all of the available low mileage 2017's that will be available.

If it had 140 go or more I would

I really like the new Goldwing and all the up-dated changes that will make it a great bike....but, I am not willing to "pop" close to $24/25,000 just to ride something new...Maybe down the road, but for now my current 2013 F6B is paid for, has only 14,000 miles and runs like a top!!..Plus I have had all the fluids changed, brake-recall done, custom paint, Cobra pipes, Baggershield, K&N air filter, new tires, Kury grips/glove box cover, etc. etc., and with over $23,000 invested, and lucky to get $9,000/10/000 on trade for a new one...It just "ain't in the cards" for now.....Ride safe

No. no and no.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin