Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I agree with you. However the TOP Speed of 111mph will turn away many sport riders.
    To be honest, I really enjoy riding pretty aggressively and this doesn't really concern me. I really don't find myself drag racing people and 111 mph is flying . Heck 60-70 mph is flying on most of the roads I ride.

I've had my F6B up to the 125 cut off a few times but that was just to take it up there. Wasn't racing anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised if the top speed will be able to be adjusted with other programming in the not too distant future.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I need to go look for a crated F6B for a good price, and stick it on the shelf.

Tony did point out some good points in his post several replies back. NEVER by a first year production bike. It'll have issues... even a Honda...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I bought my 2016 F6B as my last retirement bike, I'v been riding since 15 and now 60, I know current 1800 is the best developed engine Goldwing has ever had, I've had a 1200 and a 1500 also in the past. When I was buying the F6B, I seriously considered a Indian Chieftain, but chose the B for the reliability and longevity. I know 20 years from now when I have 300K on the B, it will still be running like new. I don't quite care for the look of the new Goldwings, to many angles for me, and just noticed a Big issue for me, looking at the engine, there is no place to put highway pegs! I've been riding with highway pegs since my first Honda CL100 (my first bike) put an engine guard on it and then put the pegs on. I ride my pegs about 90% of the time. I like the tech and I think it will compete very well. But this ones not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I need to go look for a crated F6B for a good price, and stick it on the shelf.

Tony did point out some good points in his post several replies back. NEVER by a first year production bike. It'll have issues... even a Honda...
    Yep +1
    I dusted off Gloria this afternoon for a 2 hour run about to think things over. While in the saddle I thought of the new Wing and how I am in no hurry to change seats. I have a few more goodies on the shelf to dial this one in to my taste and will. The new Wing is a techno wonder that I can see as a contender, but as stated earlier: IT WILL HAVE ISSUES, and I do not want to be the test dummy.
    90 LBS is probably what I should lose so my Gloria fits me JUST FINE!

I plan on looking again in 50K miles and see where I am at!

Lets see, Progressive Suspension(on the shelf), Dales Rack (going to Seattle in a week), Extra Dark Madstad 13"(just for the right occasion), DARKSIDE, and a Bushtec Darkstar. Should keep me busy till 2020.... Oh the warranty will be done and a Guhl Tune!
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    I bought my 2016 F6B as my last retirement bike, I'v been riding since 15 and now 60, I know current 1800 is the best developed engine Goldwing has ever had, I've had a 1200 and a 1500 also in the past. When I was buying the F6B, I seriously considered a Indian Chieftain, but chose the B for the reliability and longevity. I know 20 years from now when I have 300K on the B, it will still be running like new. I don't quite care for the look of the new Goldwings, to many angles for me, and just noticed a Big issue for me, looking at the engine, there is no place to put highway pegs! I've been riding with highway pegs since my first Honda CL100 (my first bike) put an engine guard on it and then put the pegs on. I ride my pegs about 90% of the time. I like the tech and I think it will compete very well. But this ones not for me.
    Engine guards are there, just hidden under a black plastic cover. One of the Honda reps in another thread was reported to say they've joked about those covers will most likely be removed to mount highway pegs.

Absolutely buying the new GoldWing

Not going to be the first in line, I spoke to two Honda dealers and they are thinking demand is going to be high, as there are many GL 1800 riders that have money and have been waiting for a/the new model to come out. Let the early serial numbers get out there, I will be pulling the trigger late summer or early fall.

Not too concerned about the reliability of the engine, Honda does seem to have that element figured out. I like the 7 speed DCT...my car has a DCT and it is an incredible transmission without going to one of those CVT style transmissions. Can't wait to see these bikes in person for certain sure!

Limited to 210 KPH

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    To be honest, I really enjoy riding pretty aggressively and this doesn't really concern me. I really don't find myself drag racing people and 111 mph is flying . Heck 60-70 mph is flying on most of the roads I ride.

I've had my F6B up to the 125 cut off a few times but that was just to take it up there. Wasn't racing anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised if the top speed will be able to be adjusted with other programming in the not too distant future.
    A journalist on another forum said the speed limiter is set at 210KPH, slightly higher than the F6B. On another note, I went to the local dealer here in Vancouver yesterday and he confirmed that the DCT was only avail on the Tour. Also, the starting price for the Goldwing would be 27K. That is a hefty increase over the F6B, which can be had for about 21K at the moment. The Tour, on the other hand is basically the same as todays full 'Wing, at about 33k. I wish they had stuck with the original concept of the F6B; strip it down to the bare necessities and offer it cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    A journalist on another forum said the speed limiter is set at 210KPH, slightly higher than the F6B. On another note, I went to the local dealer here in Vancouver yesterday and he confirmed that the DCT was only avail on the Tour. Also, the starting price for the Goldwing would be 27K. That is a hefty increase over the F6B, which can be had for about 21K at the moment. The Tour, on the other hand is basically the same as todays full 'Wing, at about 33k. I wish they had stuck with the original concept of the F6B; strip it down to the bare necessities and offer it cheap.
    So Canada can't get the DCT Bagger version? That stinks. Both are available in the US on the Gold Wing model or bagger version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    So Canada can't get the DCT Bagger version? That stinks. Both are available in the US on the Gold Wing model or bagger version.
    Correct. I was interested, and may have been an early customer, as I was for the F6B, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me.

Replies to F6B post

Thank you all for very interesting reading. The 2014 F6B I was after was unavailable for me the day I was supposed to test because someone gave a deposit.I started to make room in the garage and the wife was OK with a second bike parked next to hers. I`m going to seriously look a new 14-15s and possibly the newer model. I love the F6B and owned an early 81 GW. From now on when I see a listing I like I`m going to give a deposit right away. If I find one Ill post it here. I`m in central CT and only a few dealers like Libbys close. Any suggestions where to look besides Cycle Trader? The Deluxe seems like the best model for me.