Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

I will have to see it in person before pulling the trigger, however I am very interested

Not certain what is the longevity of Aluminum cylinder sleeves. I guess if you purchase the 8 years of warranty no need to worry about the first year bugs and headaches.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I am having a great time enjoying my bike and see no need to replace it yet. I do like a lot of the new features but they are not enough to get me to jump into something new.

That being said, I can’t wait to see a 2018 model in person.

If there is a new bike in my future(age 73), it's for sure not going to be another 800lb + behemoth. It's not that I don't like my "6", I really do. It's just a bit much for me at this stage of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    If there is a new bike in my future(age 73), it's for sure not going to be another 800lb + behemoth. It's not that I don't like my "6", I really do. It's just a bit much for me at this stage of the game.
    The 2018's would make one hell of a machine "Triked Out"

The 2018 has what I have been wanting on my F6B. I have been waiting for the official release to see what rumors were true and I will say I am happy with what I see. The Tour model with removable trunk is at the top of my Christmas list to myself at the moment.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    I am having a great time enjoying my bike and see no need to replace it yet. I do like a lot of the new features but they are not enough to get me to jump into something new.

That being said, I can’t wait to see a 2018 model in person.
    This is how I feel basically.

I am not done modifying my 2013 F6 yet so I don't think a new Gold Wing is in my near future but it does make me drool like one of Pavlov's dogs.

I just got my brand new 2016 that is fully debugged after years of refinement. It handles like a sport's bike and has more power than you can use unless you are out West with no speed limits or no cops. You only feel the 900 # weight when it is on your ankle.

I would have to think long and hard if Honda or a dealer offered a straight up trade for a 2018. No matter how good Honda is a designing engines and bikes, there will be weak points that start showing up when you get 1,000's of riders throughout the world doing the final "endurance" testing.

From the photos, it does not appear that they did any major line changes, but is that a two-piece wind screen like a Madstad or Wind binder?

Beside the 6 gears, is the one option a full automatic where you just screw the throttle to how fast you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Just get an eighteen year old blonde with really long legs and you're all set until 83.

Who's buying the new 2018 Goldwing?I

I is.
    Was seriously looking at the K1600B until last night.
    but....with a
    6-speed manual
    Pearl Stallion Brown
    Apple Car Play
    NAV
    8 year warranty
    no fork seal problems (Michigan Roads)

I gotta believe the paint will be great as they are now referring to it as "Premium."