Bowe Bergdahl - No prison time

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl - No prison time

Bowe Bergdahl - No prison time

Bergdahl walks with no prison time. Sounds like he will still get a taxpayer funded military pension.

WTH does anyone have to do anymore to be convicted of treason ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Bergdahl walks with no prison time. Sounds like he will still get a taxpayer funded military pension.

Ask Hilderbeast
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

He received a Disonorable Discharge = No Military Benefits.

Ask any Veteran; and as for myself... I would consider a Dishonorable Discharge as a life ending event.

He should be in Leavenworth. No idea what the Courts Martial discussed while evaluating his case. Not sure they will make it public.

Such is the continuing moral decay of our once great country

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I Blame the Intelligence Guys...

... who testified to the court that they got great intelligence from him after he was released. When I read that, I began to read this case a bit more skepticaly. Read what they say about what he gave them. Something is frickin weird here.

My own government experience tells me that we will never know the full story here. In fact I am convinced of it. While I find it hard to believe that he intended to be an intelligence asset when he walked, the circumstances of his dissertion have never made sense to me. What kind of moron disserts where he did? Then I've been wondering since the start why we bartered away so many prisoners to get this supposed disserter back. Why the hell was the military be so bent on finding him after he walked away? Nothing of this case makes sense to me.

It all makes me wonder what the hell was really going years ago when he went out for a walk....

I wonder where he ends up in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    ... who testified to the court that they got great intelligence from him after he was released. When I read that, I began to read this case a bit more skepticaly. Read what they say about what he gave them. Something is frickin weird here.

My own government experience tells me that we will never know the full story here. In fact I am convinced of it. While I find it hard to believe that he intended to be an intelligence asset when he walked, the circumstances of his dissertion have never made sense to me. What kind of moron disserts where he did? Then I've been wondering since the start why we bartered away so many prisoners to get this supposed disserter back. Why the hell was the military be so bent on finding him after he walked away? Nothing of this case makes shense to me.

It all makes me wonder what the hell was really going years ago when he went out for a walk....
    Our military goes to great lengths to reclaim/recover their own. That should not even be a question of wonderment. I am amazed you proffered that question.

He wasn’t used as an intelligence plant. Sure they debriefed him when they got him back but that was ancillary post event. He deliberately deserted his post and walked into the hands of the enemy.

He was horse traded back by a recently past, spineless Federal American Executive administration to gain favor of the enemy. You know whom I’m speaking of.

Look for a book and a movie to be offered soon about this. Bowe Bergdahl will most certainly profit.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    He wasn’t used as an intelligence plant. Sure they debriefed him when they got him back but that was ancillary post event. He deserted his post and walked into the hands of the enemy.

He was horse traded back by a spineless federal American Executive administration to gain favor of the enemy. You know whom I’m speaking of.
    More important than how you feel about the prior Administration, is that according to court witnesses the intelligence analysts were far more complentary of his "debriefing" than you portray.

The Intelligence Guys did not have to say much, but they supposedly did. So, I question fundamentally how ancillary his intelligence is/was.

Like most things, I am sure that this case was more complicated than you think. You know, like health insurance and the environment.

But I'd sure like to read the court transcripts to judge for myself....

Look at what professional athletes make doing the same thing.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    He received a Disonorable Discharge = No Military Benefits....
    News reports are saying he is busted to private and will have $1,000/month garnished from his wages for 10 months.

How does that work if he is dishonorably discharged and has no benefits to garnish ?

News reports are saying he is busted to private and will have $1,000/month garnished from his wages for 10 months.

How does that work if he is dishonorably discharged and has no benefits to garnish ?
    I do not know the current term of his enlistment. He is still on active duty. The Government cannot Court Martial civilians. They most definitely extended his term of enlistment while he was in captivity. He is still due a paycheck as a service member. But... HE WILL NOT receive nor be eligible for military retirement pay.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

[QUOTE=willtill;159378]He received a Disonorable Discharge = No Military Benefits.

Ask any Veteran; and as for myself... I would consider a Dishonorable Discharge as a life ending event.

He should be in Leavenworth.

Bergdal's lawyer has now filed an appeal, on the Dishonorable charge, and wants it changed to a general discharge, which would allow him to receive benefits. This is sickening! We should send him back over to the Taliban.