Superbrites? Maybe not

Thread: Superbrites? Maybe not

Superbrites? Maybe not

Last year I put the Superbrite flashing brake light bulbs on my "6". I thought they looked and worked pretty well until today. My Wife & I went to the dealer to get my bike after having some work done. It's about a 45 mile ride. When we got home she asked if my brake lights were working correctly. By this time I had the bike in the garage so we went out and I tried them and they flashed as they should. She said that while following me, the tail lights were just 2 little red dots and when I stopped, they blinked marginally brighter. She said she would give them a grade of D or D- for visibility. Supposed to be stormy Sunday, so maybe I'll put the OEM's back in and get her opinion on those.
    Anybody else not getting the performance you were expecting from those lights?

I put a pair of Hyper Lights on the back of my 6. They are running and brake 6LEDs each and although they "can" be bright at the right angle, they fade to a red glow if you move off from directly behind.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I put a pair of Hyper Lights on the back of my 6. They are running and brake 6LEDs each and although they "can" be bright at the right angle, they fade to a red glow if you move off from directly behind.
    Really? Yours do?

I have a pair of the 16 Led Hyperlights on the back of mine, and they are vividly bright even when viewing them off center.

Clean 'em with a soft toothbrush. See if that improves the clarity of them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Really? Yours do?

I have a pair of the 16 Led Hyperlights on the back of mine, and they are vividly bright even when viewing them off center.

Clean 'em with a soft toothbrush. See if that improves the clarity of them.

They have been like this from new. A friend that follows me often told me the intensity changes as he gets close or moves from side to side within the lane behind me. We have spent a good bit of time bending the brackets to get the most visible light to be seen from a cars perspective behind me.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I'm disappointed in the Superbrites as well. I was informed by a number of F6B riders who thought my tail lights
    were rather dim compared to the standard ones. It appears the light gives off a narrow beam which can only be
    properly seen if you are directly behind it and down at a lower angle. I have since reinstalled the stock bulbs.
    Live and learn I guess.
    09 Red Vulcan 500 (sold)
    11 Black Vulcan 900 (sold)
    13 Black F6b (they'll never be another)

Quote Originally Posted by masonmike View Post
    I'm disappointed in the Superbrites as well. I was informed by a number of F6B riders who thought my tail lights
    were rather dim compared to the standard ones. It appears the light gives off a narrow beam which can only be
    properly seen if you are directly behind it and down at a lower angle. I have since reinstalled the stock bulbs.
    Live and learn I guess.
    Yeah, I reinstalled my OEM's about a half hour after my original post. I might try a Back Off unit. I had one on my Valkyrie for 15 or so years and it performed flawlessly.

Mine work awesome

I bought these off ebay for around $15 and they are awesome and bright. No complaints here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Flashing...5SKlAC&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Last year I put the Superbrite flashing brake light bulbs on my "6". I thought they looked and worked pretty well until today. My Wife & I went to the dealer to get my bike after having some work done. It's about a 45 mile ride. When we got home she asked if my brake lights were working correctly. By this time I had the bike in the garage so we went out and I tried them and they flashed as they should. She said that while following me, the tail lights were just 2 little red dots and when I stopped, they blinked marginally brighter. She said she would give them a grade of D or D- for visibility. Supposed to be stormy Sunday, so maybe I'll put the OEM's back in and get her opinion on those.
    Anybody else not getting the performance you were expecting from those lights?