Windshield - Clear or Tinted? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windshield - Clear or Tinted?

I also have a 13" dark tint Cee Bailey windshield and love it at 6'. I personally think the light tint looks better as it keeps the overall profile of the bike lower, but I like how my dark tint windshield hides my radar detector too.

I agree 100% the light tint will cut down the glare and much prefer the looks over clear. In fact, as long as you don't have to look through them I actually prefer darker tinted screens. I just think it adds more of a custom look. I have put a dark tint screen on just about every bike I have ever had with a windshield and haven't noticed any drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    I went with the smallest Cee Bailey and it is opaque as I like to look over it. I also ride in those sunny NorCal days when a little breeze keeps me as cool as the bike looks. I might get a taller one for winter days but it would be tinted to keep on the dark side of things...
    +1 exactly for the same reasons athough I went with Dark Tint instead of opaque. We are in the minority however but everyone should ride their own ride.

Clear! And here's why...my thought process went like this;

• Somewhat taller than stock windshield but not too tall so as to retain the overall low appearance

• Definitely, not tall enough to have to look through it for normal riding

• Tall enough to provide protection from the elements and reduce wind noise

• Vented, in order to equalize pressures

• Clear, so it's easier to see through it to see the ground just in front when looking down, especially at night

Based on this criteria, and considering my 5'10" height, I went with the 13" vented CLEAR Cee Bailey. After 6K miles, I wouldn't change a thing.

F4 Customs light tint shield

Attachment 2845LLOYD14VT8.jpgHi all! Here are some pics of our light tint shield. One shows the UV filtering which really helps during the day. Our shield are perfectly clear (100% optically perfect) so you CAN look through them, even in the rain! They shed rain like no other shield available, guaranteed! 14-16-18 inch models, vented or non-vented and clear or tinted covers just about any need. Clean the shield with your favorite non-aerosol glass cleaner and PAPER TOWELS (even gas station paper towels). Now for the kicker....they are 10% off until November 15th! Thanks for reading...give us a call!

F6B 20" now available!

We have just made our F6B 20" Touring shield available, tint or clear, vented or non-vented. This shield is 4" wider than the stock F6B shield, providing great wind protection for the long trip! All F4 shields are polycarbonate also, ensuring that the shield will NEVER shatter on impact! With guaranteed 100% optical clarity and unmatched rain shedding, the F4 is a safety upgrade, not simply a replacement.