New BMW Bagger Model - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Bagger Model

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    It got to the point where I became leery of it. Traded it in for the F5B. Before it killed me...

I remember the first couple of times I rode it after Carpenter did his work on it... the acceleration was so brutal; I had a hard time keeping my feet on the floorboards.

That flyshield btw, was custom made by a bloke in England. One of a kind. I named that bike "Hell on Wheels"...
    What is this F5B you speak of?

Oh, that's what happens when I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    What is this F5B you speak of?
    ...still coming out of sleep inertia in the morning

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I agree. Top end around here will kill you real quick. But I love taking off from a stop light and watching EVERYTHING disappear in my mirrors.

...Then I immensely enjoy the astonished looks of drivers around me as they pull up next to me; at the next stoplight.

Rinse. Repeat.

My past Carpenter Racing 240hp enhanced Triumph Rocket 3 was reaaaaaaly good for that

Well done! that is by far the coolest Rocket I have ever seen!
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I like the new GW without the trunk,but definitely see the need on my longer trips. So far I have a large bag that I put stuff in and go. Wonder how much effort it would take to remove the trunk on the BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Then there's this. 200 horsepower sport tourer

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...15-fast-facts/

Thanks for posting Jummytee

When it's just got to get there overnight! lol

Leno's garage does an episode where they talk about the H2 and the H2r. Kawasaki's flagship bike made with all premium materials. It's the model where Kawasaki engineers create for the sake of showing off their prowess. Apparently it should sell for a lot more than it's already very high price because of the hours and materials put into it. Kawasaki actually looses money on it but garner prestige in the industry. I'll look for the episode and post a link.

https://youtu.be/vAo0LWQFxdE
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Test rode BMW 1600B

Thursday, I rode the BMW 1600B, the plus was the clutchless shifting, which had time not using the clutch, moves very quickly, better that F6B. Big bike to big bike, F6B short comings no ABS braking, no dash select ride. A better comparison would to Honda 2018, price new Honda to BMW about the same. Not have ridden the new Honda, but Knowing I have a 2016 for 7K less. My F6B I will enjoy for the next 3 years. Thanks

Cool looking, hi-power cycles! At Sturgis this summer, there was a whole group of the Boss Hoss bikes. One BIG man, got on his 504 cubic inch, turbo-charged Boss Hoss, and it had Nitriss bottles, and put down a black strip of rubber, about 1/4 mile long. He had a 14" wide tire on the beast. Had more HP than any 3 of the other mentioned bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Cool looking, hi-power cycles! At Sturgis this summer, there was a whole group of the Boss Hoss bikes. One BIG man, got on his 504 cubic inch, turbo-charged Boss Hoss, and it had Nitriss bottles, and put down a black strip of rubber, about 1/4 mile long. He had a 14" wide tire on the beast. Had more HP than any 3 of the other mentioned bikes.
    Boss Hoss's probably cook the riders alive with all of the engine heat.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Boss Hoss's probably cook the riders alive with all of the engine heat.
    Trust me when I say you dont want to set at a stop light to long with a Boss Hoss between your legs....I know.

(not me)

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

K1600K

Bottom line for me in comparing the K1600B vs New Goldwing:

tech: comparable
    price: comparable
    performance and zoom/gee-wiz factor: comparable

reliability: favors the Honda
    cost of ownership: greatly favors Honda

So that's the way I'll roll once they are both out and the initial bugs are flushed out

pete

Quote Originally Posted by Texas F6B View Post
    Thursday, I rode the BMW 1600B, the plus was the clutchless shifting, which had time not using the clutch, moves very quickly, better that F6B. Big bike to big bike, F6B short comings no ABS braking, no dash select ride. A better comparison would to Honda 2018, price new Honda to BMW about the same. Not have ridden the new Honda, but Knowing I have a 2016 for 7K less. My F6B I will enjoy for the next 3 years. Thanks
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma