Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
FOR THE Colorado guys, one of the routes I am working on is to go south from Gillette Wy. and follow the below Google map link to Cortez,

https://goo.gl/maps/1bwUqswpMTt, does it seem feasible, are their a lot of unpaved roads in the national parks any problems w/my route in August... ? Thanks in advance.
If you stick with this route you might want to consider hitting Devils Tower since you will be so close. If not, then I would suggest heading south on US-85 out of the Black Hills. A little shorter and more interesting than going over to Gillette, and you'll make the trip just as fast. Guernsey and Ft. Laramie are interesting areas from the days of the wagon trains. The Register Cliff Monument is some interesting history.

Ride from Laramie down to Walden is very nice up over the mountain, and -125 over Willow Creek Pass down to Granby is a very nice ride also. I would consider getting off I-70 at Copper Mountain, riding to Leadville to Twin Lakes and over Independence Pass (awesome) to Aspen to Carbondale, and then -133 over McClure Pass as you have planned (great road with lots of sweepers). Rest of your routing is great.

No dirt roads on the route you have selected from the Black Hills and I think you will really enjoy it. I have ridden all of those roads.

B'ster.