CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info....

Thread: CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Funny story, spent more time and frustration getting google map to get me from Leadville to Aspen, wasn't happening till I noticed that that road is closed from Oct - May and that must mean Google won't let me plot a route threw Independence pass at this time. Thanks for the heads up on the road and the gas !
    New route has me heading SW from Sturgis on 85, and then over to Laramie. I will gas up as much as I can. Have a lot more reading and info gathering to do !
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Just pulled up Independence Pass on Google terrain and zoomed in, damn, quite a road !
    Good morning, Chop. Enjoy that ride, but be sure to bring some warm clothes! Most likely a bit of snow in the peaks. My ride thru the Beartooth pass, last June, was miserable. 35 degrees, sleet, snow, and high crosswinds. Hope you don't have that stuff.

If you do ride Independence Pass be sure to check out the Aspen Airport on the west side of town. I have never seen so many private jets in one place in my life. They will be parked on the field wing tip to wing tip, It is amazing the amount of money in that small resort town.

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    If you do ride Independence Pass be sure to check out the Aspen Airport on the west side of town. I have never seen so many private jets in one place in my life. They will be parked on the field wing tip to wing tip, It is amazing the amount of money in that small resort town.
    Might be some rich old lady w/a bad cough looking for a poor old man.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin