CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info.... - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info....

I’m leaving for Cherokee Wednesday from just south of Nashville. If there is anyone in the area or passing through that would like to ride together let me know.

My apologies, however, I will not be able to make it to Cherokee this August. With regrets please remove my name from the list. Thanks

Maybe it's already posted somewhere (?) but can anyone tell me who all is going and what the schedule / route is for making the run from Cortez to Cherokee? The wife and I will be back in Durango the week of the 20th and even though we won't be staying in Cortez it would be nice to maybe join in on a couple of rides during the week. Then I need to be back in Atlanta by the end of the following week... so if you don't mind an extra guy tagging along for the return trip... I'd like to join you.

I have plans to take a look at Moki Dugway. Just a bit over 100 miles from Cortez so will go Wensday if I arrive in time or early Saturday morning and do Mesa Verde in the afternoon. If you care yes it has some dirt/gravel but not much and I understand it is hard packed and quite a view from the top. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.2742...!7i8000!8i4000

I plan on going to NC from Cortez.
    Will be about 500 mile days to get there in time.

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    Maybe it's already posted somewhere (?) but can anyone tell me who all is going and what the schedule / route is for making the run from Cortez to Cherokee? The wife and I will be back in Durango the week of the 20th and even though we won't be staying in Cortez it would be nice to maybe join in on a couple of rides during the week. Then I need to be back in Atlanta by the end of the following week... so if you don't mind an extra guy tagging along for the return trip... I'd like to join you.
    I will be going to Cherokee from Cortez.
    Not thinking of going the southern trail because of the heat.
    500 mile days to NC

You will have to move along for sure. Looks like the fastest is about 1750 miles mostly interstate. You have Sunday thru Wednesday so big numbers on the super slab days will give you a little fun exploring time. On my way in I'm going thru Trinidad over by 25 and should have some really good roads thru La Veta, San Luis, Conejos and Charma. Leaving I'm really taking my time up through Yellowstone, Bear Tooth Pass, Chief Joseph Hiway, Big Horn National Forrest, Devils Tower, Spearfish Canyon, Sturgis, Mount Rushmore/ Custer State Park, then to Tulsa for the SCRC National Rally the following weekend. Really looking forward to this trip.

Was up through there last year.
    Beartooth was down right cold, which is why I carry my heated liner and gloves.
    Yellowstone always let's me know how small we are. There is so much power
    that nature has on display.

Mr. Holliwood!
    Say it an't so Mark, say it an't so!
    Last edited by masonmike; 07-25-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    09 Red Vulcan 500 (sold)
    11 Black Vulcan 900 (sold)
    13 Black F6b (they'll never be another)

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I have plans to take a look at Moki Dugway. Just a bit over 100 miles from Cortez so will go Wensday if I arrive in time or early Saturday morning and do Mesa Verde in the afternoon. If you care yes it has some dirt/gravel but not much and I understand it is hard packed and quite a view from the top. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.2742...!7i8000!8i4000
    The Moki Dugway is awesome either direction, but if coming to it from the north it and the view is such an amazing surprise. Should also take a ride out to Goosenecks State Park, which is close by.